New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  5:08:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda

Yeah, life happens and when we are allowing that, things just flow, when we resist it with our thinking we suffer, such is life

quote:
and i am thinking the same these days about all them samadhi and peak experiences and ecstatic bliss and ecstatic breath, they seem to be like something normal now not quite so unique and a prize as before.

and sometimes i feel so empty bcz of my practices but with no euphoria to add on to that emptiness.
This is my experience also, the peaks have long since gone to be replaced with more subtle and delicate ways of being. So for me it is a balancing act to maintain the joy of the moment. Ultimately we have everything we need right here right now and it is being in this simple flow that all is required.
I make things so complicated with more and more research and this is also the happening of life for me. As life happens through me the so called service, which is just more happening, continues to come and it seems to be necessary to have more and more tools of understanding to go with this, and then these complications get into a tangle and I loose the flow for a while. Then the suffering that results from this brings me back again
quote:
so i am complaining and crying out for help on my spiritual path for smthg or someone a shortcut to heaven you may say (a magical bullet!)

Hehe!!, and as you know, the magic bullet is the simple joy of the present moment
quote:

thk you for the support my good friend, and sorry for being such a big nag these last two days

Nothing wrong with a good moan every now and again, no need to apologise, its nice to be human on the forums

Namaste

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  03:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thk you for your kindness senior Sparkle,

those two days (sunday and monday) were really weird it's like i've been som1 else but thk god now it's back to the old contented me again.

you've hit bull's eye with that magic bullet of yours.

and i would like to share a drawing which one of my very good friends shared with me on the occasion.
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9136...ktimeter.jpg

love (f),

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  07:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ha ha.. love the bhaktimeter ... where do you find one of those?

Glad your feeling yourself again Ananda.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  08:48:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
*laughing* thanks Ananda

I loved it too......the Bhaktimeter

Shanti:

quote:

Always right under your nose, dear
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  09:43:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine
Shanti:

quote:

Always right under your nose, dear

He he.. I have a long nose.. maybe that's why I missed it.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  11:46:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello katrine and Shanti, i'm glad you liked the drawing.

the idea came from a lovely soul who is among us in the forums, but i don't know if she would like to get the credit for her work out in the open.

so to her i say thank you very much for making us laugh our guts out.

in gratitude to you my sweet friend.

love,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

Goddessinside

158 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  12:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Goddessinside's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti
He he.. I have a long nose.. maybe that's why I missed it.

No Shanti, you couldn't have missed it.
The Bhaktimeter took over 5000 years of hard research to fit all kinds of noses, even Pinocchio's one! (and today is the 1st of April, by the way!)

So watch again, and if you still can't see it, it's probably coz your Bhakti level just exploded the Bhaktimeter.. (it happens sometimes, that's why the Bhaktimeter has a 2 years warranty).

/|\
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  12:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

/|\
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  12:37:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Thk you for your kindness senior Sparkle,

those two days (sunday and monday) were really weird it's like i've been som1 else but thk god now it's back to the old contented me again.

Hi old contented Ananda

Good to see you back to your old self

As an old Irish Buddhist once said:
A person can be young in years and old in the Dharma
or old in years and young in the Dharma

I love the Bhaktimetre, is that your young face in the the bed? That's a very talented and good friend of yours

from your young brother
Sparkle

Edited by - Sparkle on Apr 01 2009 12:37:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  12:40:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

/|\

i hope people pick up my vibes not you two
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  1:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
we cross posted brother Sparkle, by the way by senior i didn't mean old i meant to make it funny like the way mexicans use it and you are way much younger than i am with that lovely childlike vibe of yours unlike mine.

much love to you my good friend, and this old hag just feels blessed to be in the presence of people such as yourlself and katrine and shanti and goddessinside and all the beautiful people in this community.

love love love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000