New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  04:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'd like to follow up on an earlier thread, at the end of which Christi and I were discussing The Star. http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2936
But after what happened in my sadhana on Monday I have a new perspective which I feel compelled to share.

What is the Star?
Lesson 92:
quote:
There was a bright circle with a dark circle inside. In the middle was the star... (Yogani's answer): It was mentioned in the lesson on yoni mudra kumbhaka that the attention will sooner or later be drawn out beyond the point between the eyebrows. This is an extension of the sushumna beyond the body. At the end of the sushumna are the infinite realms of bright white light. They are seen as a star in the beginning. The colors ringed around the star are the inside of the sushumna. You are looking from the inside, so you are seeing the inside of the sushumna in your body, and the end of the sushumna off in the distance, which is the star.

This is pretty much how I perceived the Star in the past: a golden/fiery circle, inside of which there was a dark blue/violet circle, at the centre of which was an intensely bright circle: the star. In Lesson 179 we also find the star described as a 'sphere.'

On Monday I reached the above description of the Star on the second round of kumbhaka. But on the third and last round, the outer golden ring dissolved into midnight blue: like the night-time sky filled with countless points of light. At the same time, the radiant sphere in the middle evolved and grew into a five-point star, the limbs of which gently wafted back and forth. What, who are you? At the end of the kumbhaka the vision wanted to remain for some time, so I let it, before moving into mantra. The experience was deeply moving in a way which I can't explain.

What a beautiful mirror between the inner reality of this space, the Star and the surrounding pin-prick stars, and the outer reality of the heavens above at night! Now I understand, even physically feel, how our body is the connection between these two realities.

My previous experiences of the Star, as per the descriptions in the AYP lessons, were just a foretaste. The Star of the lessons is mostly a vision down sushumna, and of the the light of the star illuminating sushmuna. (And by the way, Christi, I'm now convinced those inner rings I saw before are inner nadis of sushmuna.) But this was about infinity. Much greater. And to be honest, for the first time since taking up AYP practices I feel knocked out of a general state of euphoria. It is humbling as well as beautiful to be out there in infinity. I don't feel quite the same.

Now some questions.

If sushumna extends out beyond the third eye, how far does it extend? The way the outer golden ring disappeared, to be replaced by a night-time field of stars, makes me believe that I was outside my body, beyond sushumna, if that is possible. All through each kumbhaka my third eye was pulling me out like never before. Interestingly, I was trying out for the first time a technique recommended by Yogananda: when concentrating on the third eye, do it from the perspective of the medulla (brain stem). It definitely worked for me. Afterwards, through the whole duration of mantra meditation my third eye was tingly-numb and feeling pressurised, so something was definitely going on.

What was the field of pinprick stars surrounding The Star?

I wonder how much further there is to go from here to the Star...

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  11:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! I love reading about the star. You must be very blessed.

Do you know much of Yogananda's writings? It may be possible you entered the blue of the Christ Consciousness which is why the gold ring was replaced by stars?

I would love to have the same experience.

I experienced something once but everyone i have told it to didn't offer any kind of confirmation about it. I awoke one morning in that half-awake state and i remembered to lift my eyes. Within a few seconds i started to notice like the flickering of a flame (gold white colour) which started getting bigger until it turned into something closely resembling a catherine wheel firework! My eyes felt sucked into the centre of it, which was just the darkness of closed eyes, like a magnet was drawing them. As soon as i noticed this light show going on in my head i got excited, thinking, "what the f___ is that?" and it completely vanished.

Does that experience mean anything to anyone?

It's interesting you say the white dot turned into the 5-pointed star. I've heard of the dot INSIDE the star which is called Bindu, and when you penetrate that you enter Cosmic Consciousness.

Well done!

PS i guess you can rule out subconscious hypnosis for this phenomenon?
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  4:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gumpi,
No, I don't know much about Yogananda's writings. The day before, my wife happened to be browsing a kriya website, and I just 'chanced' upon the essential information. I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by Christ Consciousness, in terms of its implications for stars instead of gold. Can you help me on that? Any recommendations on books about Yogananda's teachings?

Maybe it's best not to want to have the same experience. When I first saw the star (version number one) a couple of months ago, I fell in love with it. As much as I'm still in love with it, I think the desire to continue seeing it was part of the reason it left me for a while. As much as I'd love to see it again even now (and especially in its new 'improved' version!), I'm not full of the expectations I was before. Just do the practices and come what may! Sorry to sound so dull

About your catherine wheel: I'm afraid I've never experienced anything like that. Sorry!

Is there anyone out there who can share their own star experiences? It seems to be more than just an individual symptom of purification. If the star is a common link to our human nervous system, surely we should be able to share information and then map out the territory, like the explorers of old.

Edited by - tallis on Dec 12 2007 4:43:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  7:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys. Tallis, I have had almost the exact same experience. I have no idea what it is and try to not question it. The first time I experienced it I began to weep and was filled with a sort of joy. I don't do kumbhaka on a regular basis (self-pacing, just try to listen to my body, self, God)but one time I did see a star-field like you described afterwards. It felt as if I was looking through the reality of this physical world. That was my first reaction but I just let that go and don't question what I see and drive on with the practice. When I hang on to what it might possibly be or start letting the intellect analyze the experience I start to lose my center. I have experienced blue and violet circles as well as a green (static filled almost) drenched field which dissipated to the normal black (for me anyway).

Cheers!
Mac
Go to Top of Page

sparkyfoxMD

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  01:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit sparkyfoxMD's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I too have seen the star, once. It remains with me as a blessing and a knowledge that these teachings are true. It is a wonderful encouragement to keep on! Now my desire to see it again is stronger...but now I know I shall one day.
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  11:46:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tallis,

I had an experience with a different star. I have never seen a 5 pointed star.

About 30 years ago I went into a deep state of meditation. As I progressed thru this experience, my forehead disappeared and I saw infinite space before me. Then in the upper left area an equilateral triangle pointing up appeared and in the lower right area another triangle point down appeared. They meandered around in the space infront of me for a while and eventually joined to form a 6 pointed star.

Then all varieties of 6 pointed stars started appearing one after the other. Finally, one 6 pointed star appeared that had an infinite number of 6 pointed stars within it, with the points of each succeeding star fitting perfectly into the corner of the prededing star. I don't know if this is related to the tunnel that Yogani speaks of.

Eventually other phenomena occured and one that was particularly interesting to me was the snowflakes. For whatever reason, I started to see all different shapes and varieties of snowflakes. A bit after this experience, I read in a book on meditation, that when you see snowflakes, you are near the goal. I don't think that I have a high degree of spiritual consciousness and don't think I am near "the goal," judging from my own point of view. I think I am a beginner.

But reading about the snowflakes afterwards helped confirm to me that this was an authentic experience and not the result of some fantasy or suggestion or hypnotism occuring as a result of things I had read in the past. I had read about 6 pointed stars before as being symbols of positive and negative energies like ying/yang and thought that my seeing them might be the result of this and not as something that happened independent of my involvement or at my instigation.

Well, that is my star experience. Scenary.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  1:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tallis, i think that your experience is from Yogananda. People that do not know about SRF do not see the spiritual eye the same way. Likewise, people that claim they do not see the spiritual eye before they know about SRF obviously have some strange memory faculty.

As YOgibear just proved, the "third eye" can be ANYTHING. My post proved that and likewise did yours.

I want to issue a challenge. Hehehe. Can anyone that posts on these forums and those that just read them please please prove me wrong about that. Show me that the spiritual eye is only one thing.

I don't mind issuing that challenge. There should be a fairly large representative sample.
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  12:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pay close attention to the end of 2001 A Space Odyssey. When Dave travels to the Monolith.

Then revisit this thread.

Interesting stuff.

Mac
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  04:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Guys,
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Interesting how there's a certain cross-over of common elements. But obviously we're not going to draw any scientific conclusions on the basis of a sample of just three! Mac, your starfield and its immediate emotional impact sound very similar to mine, but you don't mention any central star. Was there any? Sparkyfox, your revelation that the teachings are true also resonates with me.

Gumpi, that's a really interesting issue about whether or not knowledge of SRF influences one's perception of the spritual eye/star. Why would that be? To be honest, I'm not sure whether Yogibear proves your point - it sounds to me more like a different kind of experience altogether. What you say, though, is particularly relevant to my case, because it's true: prior to reading the kriya website I mentioned earlier in the thread, my star experiences had been both less explicit and intense (while nevertheless still being amazing scenery). But I wouldn't call my minimal browsing a real 'knowledge' of SRF. Do you think such minimal contact would precipitate such a classical SRF star experience? Having said that, my experience wasn't entirely SRF-like anyway, given that the gold ring had been replaced by a midnight-blue starfield.

quote:
I want to issue a challenge. Hehehe. Can anyone that posts on these forums and those that just read them please please prove me wrong about that. Show me that the spiritual eye is only one thing.

I like your challenge. Maybe someone can add to that!

Having said that, what you say about the spritual eye being / not being only one thing touches on another issue here. Are all these experiences different because they are arise from truly different sources, or is it because we all perceive the same / similar source differently? It makes me think of the painter Monet, who sometimes painted the same landscape at different periods of his life. You'll find that in his earlier paintings completely different colours predominate from those in his late paintings. Another way of putting it: every witness describes the same crime scene differently.
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  04:21:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogibear,
Just wanted to add:
I've been reading about Tibetan practices recently, and (without going into any detail here) they talk about two triangles coming together together in the central channel. I wonder if this could be related?
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  07:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tallis,

My interpretation of this has been, to this point, that the triangles were the symbolic mental represention of the balancing of ha and tha in my system. Their perfect balance, according to the hatha yoga pradipika, is a necessary prerequisite for prana to leave ida and pingala and enter sushumna. This is what I perceived to happen next.

So there would appear to be some correlaton between the two schools.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4373 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  12:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogibear,

quote:
As I progressed thru this experience, my forehead disappeared and I saw infinite space before me. Then in the upper left area an equilateral triangle pointing up appeared and in the lower right area another triangle point down appeared. They meandered around in the space infront of me for a while and eventually joined to form a 6 pointed star.

I have never seen these triangles (or any triangles for that matter) inside the etheric body. But they are described in the literature on chakras as being within the heart chakra:

ANAHATA (unstruck) HEART Chakra, in the region of the heart (cardiac plexus), has twelve letters inscribed on the golden petals. In the middle are two interpenetrating triangles (forming a six-pointed star) of a smoky colour enclosing another golden triangle 'lustrous as ten million flashes of lightning',

That's from here:

http://www.frankperry.co.uk/Chakras%202.htm

So these triangles (forming a six pointed star) may not be the same as the white star within the blue dot within the golden ring, that is seen at one end of the sushumna.

quote:
My interpretation of this has been, to this point, that the triangles were the symbolic mental represention of the balancing of ha and tha in my system. Their perfect balance, according to the hatha yoga pradipika, is a necessary prerequisite for prana to leave ida and pingala and enter sushumna. This is what I perceived to happen next.

This is my understanding as well:

triangle pointing up = male, sun, ha, pingala, siva
triangle pointing down = female, moon, tha, ida, shakti

union of the two in the heart = star of david, transcendence of sexuality, union, perfection, cosmic consciousness.

I see this as one of the first stages of enlightenment, but not full enlightenment as the jivatma is still seperate from the paramatma.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Dec 18 2007 12:34:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  4:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi, Yogibear,
Yes, if memory serves correctly, the triangles in the Tibetan system come together in the central channel (ie sushumna) also at the heart chakra. I think these triangles may be symbolic of the shape of the centre of the crown and navel chakras according to Tibetan tradition. The Tibetans are also more generally interested in rising 'red drops' (symbolic of yin) from the lower chakras and falling 'white drops' (symbolic of yang) from the crown which meet at the heart to form the 'indestructible drop' (ie soul).

There seems to be a difference between the Indian and Tibetan systems here. Whereas paintings of Indian manipura and anahata both involve an inverted red triangle in the centre of their design, there isn't an upright white triangle at sahasrara. Where does the upright triangle in anahata come from in the Indian tradition? The Tibetan system seems a bit more systematic in treating the double triangle at the heart as a meeting of ha and tha, represented individually at the crown and manipura. There are other inconsistencies - and to my mind, confusions - between the two traditions that I'd like to get to the bottom of. Will post these on another section of the forum.
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  8:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi and Tallis,

From Raja Yoga by Yesudian and Haich:

quote:
A great Yogi once said to his pupil: 'Sit opposite me in such a way that your body does not disturb you in any manner. Close your eyes. Transfer your consciousness from your head to your heart, for that is where your SELF is. Think of nothing--only your own SELF--until you are your SELF'.--That was all! The whole of Raja Yoga is contained in these few words. For when we actually succeed in doing this, we have already reached the goal. The Yogi gave no further explanation. Only now and then when his pupil had an emotional experience, he gave him a bit of instruction. Generally the instruction ran like this: 'If you see or hear or experience something inside yourself, don't bother about it, it is only incidental. Just keep on concentrating your whole attention on your own SELF in your HEART".

quote:
Christi wrote:

So these triangles (forming a six pointed star) may not be the same as the white star within the blue dot within the golden ring, that is seen at one end of the sushumna.

Yes, I saw these with my spiritual eye out in space where my forehead had been previously. The 6-pointed stars within each other formed a tunnel.

They were produced by the above mentioned exercise which of course corresponds with what you have mentioned regarding the heart chakra.

The first vision I had was in the heart region. It was a golden orb rings of golden light radiating from it like ripples in a pool of water radiating from the point where a pebble has been dropped into it.

I don't know where you experience heart chakra phenomenon. I wasn't even concentrating on the heart chakra per se. I was concentrating on the heart itself, trying to penetrate it with my consciousness.

My awareness expanded so that not only did I maintain my concentration on my heart, which became effortless, but I also was aware of the greatly slowed down occasional thoughts and the space and visions without ever losing the concentration. Everything was contained within this expanded awareness. It was complete presense.

I can only report what I experienced. I did A and I got B.

So, regardless, of what the different schools say, the emphasis is the same in both this and Yogani's teaching: 'If you see or hear or experience something inside yourself, don't bother about it, it is only incidental. Just keep on ....practicing.

It is interesting tho to try and pick it apart and make some sense out of it.

Best, yb.

Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  8:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

In the past year I have begun to see a tiny dot, occasionally a ring or an orb. Sometimes when my eyes are closed it will appear as if a light is moving past me and I open my eyes to see, but often times I have all the lights turned off. One last image I see is what appears to be a small dot or hole and something is almost peeling off of it.

Do we determine what is seen by where we hold our attention and direct our energy? Does putting energy into a certain spot so the region becomes full of energy somehow produce the visions seen? What other mechanism would one use to choose between seeing the images through the various parts of the body? Or is our image of the third eye somewhat of a reflection of our entire spine and gives us some sense of the light that can or cannot flow through the central channel?

I have not had many visions of the third eye, but I am starting to pay attention more now that the eyes are starting to be pulled upward. Do you have to look really far up, as in the eyes go limp, cross, and then become focused upward as the energy flows in?

My eyes seem more drawn to the tip of the nose. They very easily relax and then drift into that focus. From there, they begin to aim upwards without losing that gaze towards the center, as if still focused on the tip of my nose. Once they are raised, I have only a minor degree of comfort and relaxation. The experience is changing over time, deepening like all the other techniques, so I imagine the eyes are trying to establish a new position or circuit.

I know I threw out a lot of questions out there, if anyone has any advice or input I'd love to have some feedback.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  3:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Often when awakening in the morning I see what appears to be (part) of the thousand petaled lotus. It is silvery white with a small perfect "hole" in the center surrounded by perhaps a hundred or more jewel like petals. I first saw this almost forty years ago. Since doing these practices I have seen among other things a perfect red circle surrounded by a perfect blue square, also upon awakening. I think this had to do with the root chakra. It was really quite beautiful. I think all of the third eye/sushumna visions we see are parts/gradations of the spinal nerve and chakras and it's various levels of awakening or vibration. It's way fun.
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  09:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogibear, Kyman, Little Turtle,
Kyman wrote:
quote:
Do we determine what is seen by where we hold our attention and direct our energy? Does putting energy into a certain spot so the region becomes full of energy somehow produce the visions seen? What other mechanism would one use to choose between seeing the images through the various parts of the body? Or is our image of the third eye somewhat of a reflection of our entire spine and gives us some sense of the light that can or cannot flow through the central channel?

Interesting the question of where in our bodies we experience all these visions. I can't speak for anyone else, but so far I've always 'viewed' any vision from the same place in front of my closed eyes. I think Satyananda gives a pretty good definition:
'chidikasha - the psychic space behind the forehead where all psychic events are viewed.'

My last experience of the star illustrates how the physical place in the body involved with the vision itself differs from the place of viewing. As the vision in front of me evolved and the star became clearer, I further concentrated my attention at the third eye, which further focussed the vision. But if I became too active in observing the events then the clarity of the star began to diminish. This balance of active versus passive concentration changed several times over the course of the experience, as I began to learn how best to react to events. Clearly (no pun intended!), remaining as passive a witness as possible in chidikasha allowed greater concentration on the third eye, which was key in increasing the depth of the experience.
Little Turtle wrote:
quote:
I think all of the third eye/sushumna visions we see are parts/gradations of the spinal nerve and chakras and it's various levels of awakening or vibration.

When you say 'third eye/sushumna visions,' do you mean visions perceived in chidikasha? Since my third eye felt tingly/numb during the whole course of my last experience, I was pretty aware of its physical location throughout. I'd say that I felt a distinct separation in space between it and the great television screen in the mind where I was observing events - that the star I was witnessing in my mind was definitely not at the third eye itself. Otherwise I agree with you, that these visions are probably all or at least mostly parts/gradations of the spinal nerve and chakras.

Kyman wrote:
quote:
Do you have to look really far up, as in the eyes go limp, cross, and then become focused upward as the energy flows in?

My eyes seem more drawn to the tip of the nose. They very easily relax and then drift into that focus. From there, they begin to aim upwards without losing that gaze towards the center, as if still focused on the tip of my nose. Once they are raised, I have only a minor degree of comfort and relaxation.

Just a thought: I wouldn't force sambhavi too much, since it'll draw your attention away from what you want to be focussing on. With me, definitely the further the eyes raise, the more intense the effect. But then again, I don't feel it as a strain. To give a similar example of my own, though: I've always found YMK quite a technical mudra, with lots to keep my attention on (thereby distracting my attention). During this last occasion with the star, though, all those side issues didn't bother me and I was much freer to concentrate on the essentials.
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  12:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi you guys,

quote:
Tallis wrote:

Just a thought: I wouldn't force sambhavi too much, since it'll draw your attention away from what you want to be focussing on.

When I had this experience I mentioned previously, my eyes gently rolled up and in without my causing it. My tongue gently went up and touched my palate just back of my teeth.

Yet my vision was not limited to the direction of my physical eyes.

quote:
Tallis wrote:

Interesting the question of where in our bodies we experience all these visions. I can't speak for anyone else, but so far I've always 'viewed' any vision from the same place in front of my closed eyes. I think Satyananda gives a pretty good definition:
'chidikasha - the psychic space behind the forehead where all psychic events are viewed.'

Thanks for this quote, Tallis.

Prior to this when doing spinal breathing, I started to feel on a regular basis during practice sessions a tightening at the tip of my coccyx as my attention descended to that point. It was very subtle yet unmistakable. I would go into this tension with my attention and then again ascend the spine. There was also a very fine current in my spine that is hard to describe.

It started after some weeks of practice. This mulabandha, if it is what Yogani refers to, was very micro. I don't experience this now. But upon reading about the micromovements with mudras and bandhas in Yogani's teaching, I thought of this phenomenon, that just happened naturally without my causing them at all, as I went into deep meditation.

Also, with regards to the third eye, to me, it is something you see with and not something you see. It is inextricably woven into what you are. I don't know if you can separate it out into the "not I" catagory or not. If, so, perhaps it is one of the last things to go.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

Juliet

43 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  12:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Juliet's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is copied over from the "Wings to Freedon" thread.

How fascinating that this blue/yellow sushumna graphic seems to be so universal! How cool is it that we are living in a time where we can log on and collectively view computer graphics of interior visions so we can finally discuss them in a forum like this! Wow! Brings new meaning to "collective reality."

----------------------------------
I have stopped yoni mudra kumbhaka for a while, Tallis, but am about ready to pick it up again now. Right now I am just doing spinal breathing and deep med--due to scheduling issues.

What I pretty much always get after yoni mudra is a graphic of sushumna, just as depicted in the video (concentric deep indigo and yellow), sometimes with the dot (which is I guess the bindu?) right in the center. Sometimes the dot will rez up/morph into a five-pointed star. On at least one occasion I have gotten the star later, during a more hypnagogic-type reverie state, with a pulsing, almost laser-like intensity.

Here is another reference where bindu and the star are roughly (symbolically) equated: http://www.swamij.com/bindu.htm

Is that right? Are we supposed to be piercing the star? Good to know.

On the hamsa (swan), I have not seen anything exactly as depicted in the video--but it is closely reminiscent of top of the winged caduceus, which I did encounter, but previous to AYP.

I will try to post more on this later, but want to mention that, without including yoni mudra, the same evolution seems to be going on, but taking place "more in the background" (for lack of better terminology).

Juliet

Edited by - Juliet on Jan 09 2008 12:52:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Juliet

43 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  2:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Juliet's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wrt Gumpi's challenge, isn't the "spiritual eye" basically the top end of the sushumna? Which apparently *does* have some universal manifestations, but perhaps with individual variations, depending on how much purification is/has been going on, etc.

I would suggest that Gumpi look at the "Wings of Freedom" clip, which has a computer graphic image which looks exactly like what Tallis has been talking about--and exactly like what I typically see after Yoni Mudra, the yellow ringed indigo. And it also talks about the star/bindu.

Here is the link: http://sachamassagonna.blogspot.com...freedom.html
Watch out for the music links on the right, sometimes they play without being invited-you may have to turn it off.

One interesting thing to me about the star is how geometrically perfect it is--too perfect to be "imagined."

BTW, isn't the six-pointed star usually associated with the heart?

Juliet

Edited by - Juliet on Jan 09 2008 2:43:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  3:22:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I withdraw the challenge! Forget me, i talk nonsense sometimes.

Yes i don't know where i remember this from but the star of David is associated with the heart centre. Sorry i can't cite any sources.

I just thought of something. Maybe bad people have just reincarnated from an animal? I mean, some people are virtuous by nature, even if their siblings are not. So good people are MADE and they are made to have experiences of God. I don't mean to sound righteous but i know of a person that had spiritual experiences and became a materialist, so seeing the spiritual eye for me is a confirmation that God is acknowledged.

I think that there are two types of people in this world. There are the skeptics and atheists and the other "good" people. What i am trying to say is that intuition is a mundane thing for the former, but it is a supernormal thing for the latter and it is easy to take the materialist approach but truly strange and beautiful things do happen to some people....
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2008 :  10:45:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know if anyone here has ever seen Dr. Who (the Tom Baker years) but since my experiences in Kumbhaka I have been thinking of the introduction of this series that I would get completely immersed in as a kid. Here is one of the intros if anyone is interested. It's amazing how many references there are in sci-fi media and elsewhere. It's not exact but interesting nonetheless, especially if you know the story of Dr. Who.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wRhPM...ture=related

I also wanted to mention that during one session, I was looking within the darkness within a ring I began to see shapes of light form. As I continued to view these shapes they became crystal clear and it almost looked like I was viewing a close circuit black and white tv but with the most amazing definition that I have ever seen. I couldn't see what the shapes were at first but after a short time I saw 5 distinct beings that looked human. They were all gathered around something and moving back and forth over a table or something. The only similarity that I can draw from my own experience is when I was watching Werner Herzog's, The Wheel Of Time, and the Buddhist monks were constructing the color chakra and they move back and forth over the sand painting. I could not tell what the beings were doing or what it was but it was amazing nonetheless. I would say that it was one of the weirdest things that has ever happened to me. This happened a few days ago although I can't remember exactly. After an unknown period of time (probably seconds) the shapes formed into a circle of light and then after a few more seconds the points of a star began to appear although very fuzzy. I could clearly make out a 5 pointed star. The experience seems different each time I do this practice and I don't try and remember or pay attention to the sequence or exactly what I see. It usually starts with two balls of light coming together then I see triangles which then form into a tunnel with a light in the middle and the walls are what appears to be triangles or checkerboard patterns. It doesn't always happen this way. Sometimes I jump directly into the ball of light which then dissipates into a dark circular (sometimes appearing violet but most of the time is light and dark with no coloring)region surrounded by a circle of light. Sometimes this forms into a star and sometime not but when I end the practice, I almost always see a mandala and it switches between what looks like a Van DeGraff Generator (static electricity ball) and the mandala. I then see it change into concentric circles which vary between circles and elliptical shapes and then into darkness again. I almost never see any colors. The mandala has been in color but usually not.

This is a sort of spontaneous brain dump so I apologize if I my communication is choppy.

Love to all
Mac
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  03:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mac,
You know, recently I've been thinking the same thing about the beginning of Doctor Who! But I still need to chase up that scene from the film '2001'...

Edited by - tallis on Jan 15 2008 08:54:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  03:33:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
Great that so many people are contributing their experiences of the star / spritual eye, both here and on other recent threads.

I think it's worth bringing up what John C says over on his thread on Brahmamahurta (http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3357):
quote:
Basically, from the view of neurology(I am a medical doctor with my little doctors office in a little town), all visual impressions that we see are occurring due to nerve impulses in the visual cortex, located in the occiput, or very back part of the cortex of the brain.

Whether or not you choose to believe that what we are seeing is sushumna or simply a lighting up of the visual cortex, as John C so unromantically suggests , I think it ties in with what I wrote near the beginning of this thread:
quote:
All through each kumbhaka my third eye was pulling me out like never before. Interestingly, I was trying out for the first time a technique recommended by Yogananda: when concentrating on the third eye, do it from the perspective of the medulla (brain stem).

Perhaps it's no coincidence that the third eye, medulla and visual cortex all lie in a straight line: that they are all related, and that by concentrating on the medulla and/or visual cortex you help to activate the third eye. I know that in meditition, too, if my awareness ends up in the back area of my head, I often get some kind of visual response.
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  11:20:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tallis

Hi Mac,
You know, recently I've been thinking the same thing about the beginning of Doctor Who! But I still need to chase up that scene from the film '2001'...

Hi Tallis! Here you go. Somebody, made a remark in the comments about Dave going into a "wormhole". I have had thoughts of this as well. Maybe this is the way to travel through time and space. It would only be natural that after investing so much time and money into launching ourselves off the Earth on the end of a roman candle that we end up having NASA within our own minds. Just some loose cannons to throw out.

Here is the video of 2001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6yAEvnoCPs
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  04:21:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Mac, for the clip. I'm glad I don't have that music when I go down the wormhole!

'NASA within our own minds...' : I like that!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000