Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini awakened and doing healing/body work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fran

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  06:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone has any experience of having awakened kundalini and practicing bodywork/healing? I am trained in The Bowen Technique and Reiki. I practice Bowen generally confident that it does not have too much of an impact that I have awakened Kundalini- yet occasionally I feel people get a stronger reaction as a result- with both positive and negative consequences (i.e. healing crisis). Yet I have stopped practicing Reiki as I grew fearful of whether it could be too much for people- even stimulate a premature awakening in another? (I have heard this has happened to people during Reiki attunements) I would like to go back to practicing Reiki. In a way I feel that if I have complete positive intent and clear my mind to be an effective channel it will be fine, yet fear this is niave. I treated someone last year who wanted it to finish early as she said it was too intense. Yet I feel my energies have settled down now so maybe it is safer now.

The link below details someone else's experience of this if anyone is interested to read more.

http://biologyofkundalini.com/artic...ory=Bodywork

Thanks,

Fran

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  2:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Fran,
I was a practicing Reiki master but I am mindful of exactly what you speak of now.For many the energy is too much and certainly nobody needs 1 hr as is the norm for Reiki.If ones Kundalini is awake and active then it is possible to awaken anothers so care should be taken.I prefer to ask God to give what ever a person needs.Even some Reiki masters I have taught are doubtful of the difference in energy levels at first but soon realise there is really no comparision.Unfortunately one Reiki master suffered horrific cleansing as a result of the higher energies involved.You are wise to be aware of potential problems created for others.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Fran

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  11:36:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dave, interesting insights, is that why you stopped doing Reiki attunements? Do you still practice Reiki now, only shortened treatments? I only want to practice if the treatments can benefit people, not stimulate a premature awakening/unpleasant side effects... Yet I would like to feel confident I can find a way of ensuring this.
Fran
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  2:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Fran,
Actually I was a member of several forums that gave free attunements and was co-owner of another that gave freely also.Trouble is people could not take no for an answer when we could see they were overdosed by scouring groups and receiving too often.I gave up treating and attuning others so I could concentrate on the path.By giving energy to others by healing etc it delays your progress and slows down your path to God.I doubt you can moderate your energies to others sufficiently as when we progress the energies become stronger.Very few can take the higher energies.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4373 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2007 :  10:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Fran,
I am glad you asked this question.
quote:
Yet I have stopped practicing Reiki as I grew fearful of whether it could be too much for people- even stimulate a premature awakening in another? (I have heard this has happened to people during Reiki attunements) I would like to go back to practicing Reiki.

I have experienced the same thing and would agree with everything that Dave has said in his replies. I have found that the energies become much stronger once kundalini is in full swing, and that many people could not cope with a one hour treatment. When I give treatments now it is usually for 5 or 10 minutes. People often start crying because of the emotional upheaval, either during the treatment, or a few hours later.
What I have noticed though is that it very much depends on the person. Some of the people I treat have active kundalini themselves, or simply are able to cope with a large energy flow. These people I happily treat for one hour. I too have heard of premature kundalini awakenings being caused by Reiki attunements, but never by Reiki treatments. Attunements are much stronger than treatments.
Generally I start off by giving shorter treatments and then if people can handle the energy I increase the duration. There is another way of telling if people can handle the energy safely. Because I am a Hippy, I hug people as a way of saying hello. If I hug someone and I can feel the energy moving freely in their body, then I know that they are open and would be able to handle Reiki from me. You need a pretty open system to be able to do this though.
It is interesting that this topic is not often mentioned. Certainly when I was attuned, there was no mention of what to do if you are Kundalini awakened. Also I have never seen mention of it in any of the books on Reiki, or any of the websites, apart from the one you linked to.
If you continue your sadhana (spiritual practices),as I hope you do, you will one day be effectively giving Reiki to people around you all the time, just by being physically close to them. And if they look into your eyes for too long.... God help them. Anything could happen. Your soul shines out through your eyes. A Kundalini awakening would just be the beginning... So don't shy away from the energy, or the effect that you have on people. As Dave says, it will only get stronger, and you won't necessarily have any way to regulate it. IMO it may not matter, enjoy it!

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Feb 04 2007 05:21:58 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000