Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Smiling Meditation - a surprisingly powerful...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

celestialzero

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2023 :  5:09:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone here gone in deep with the smiling meditative techniques of the Buddhist tradition? I've been on it for 4 days and I've already been fascinated by the power it has to affect change in my inner world.

Basically, a slight smile has the capacity to fill yourself with light and bliss. I was enthralled when I saw an immediate change in my inner world as it filled with the light of my inner smile (one such explanation here: https://library.dhammasukha.org/upl..._to_twim.pdf ).

Does anyone have any experience with this meditative technique and how far it has taken them?

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2023 :  1:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my experience, the smile arises as part of the jnana stages toward samadhi, when the quiet happiness spreads in the layers of the being. After the initial stages of heat and excitement, the quiet smile facilitates moving to the following stages of form jnanas.

Enjoy this when it happens, and let it go. There is much more to come, and holding on anything will create obstacles.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2023 :  8:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A simple smile facilitates stillness in action, any loving intention and connection puts you firmly in the moment. In this way our yoga comes to life.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000