Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Menstruation, Ovulation, and AYP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kapardine

India
18 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2023 :  08:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit kapardine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,
I am a female and undergo menstruation and ovulation regularly. Two weeks of my month are a rollercoaster despite all efforts and awareness on my part. During ovulation I am upset because my partner isn't close to me (long distance relationship) and parden my crudeness but my 'horniness' gets to me thus making me extremely agitated and emotional. I make sure to self pace during this time. Besides that, I try to eat cooling herbs like shatavari and brahmi, drink less tea/coffee, eat less spices than usual (Indian diet), exercise a bit more and keep reminding myself that it's just a few more days before I settle down. Then comes menstruation and the cycle repeats itself.

My question is- how do I manage my energies during these two phases? Anything that can help like ayurved, any particular yogic practice (left nostril breathing etc), idk. Anything.
If it helps anyone- my prakriti ACC. to Ayurved is Vata-Pitta dominant. I overthink like it's my birth right, talk fast, think fast, sharp minded, analytical(mostly), decently empathetic, body build is decent (not thin, not fat, prone to easy weight gain if I stop exercising), wavy hair, my hands and feet are usually cold, skin is hot but core is cold(?).

All and any suggestions are welcome. I will try them with caution and responsibly to see what works for me.

Edited by - kapardine on Aug 18 2023 06:41:55 AM

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2023 :  2:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kapardine.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Have you discussed these symptoms with your primary care doctor or gynecologist? Looks like you are already taking good care of yourself and self-pacing when needed.

Here are my two cents. Connecting with the moon: moon gazing. Taking baths. May be practicing solo tantra to cultivate ecstatic energies? Moving your body: intuitive yoga flow (asanas), dancing, connecting with nature, walking barefoot. Drinking herbal tea. Peach green tea is my favorite.

Slowing down and listening to what your emotions are telling you. There are nuggets of wisdom in those emotions if one really sits with it. Journaling what you are feeling. These can be portals to your evolution. As a yogini, there is an opportunity to transmute it all. I understand it’s not easy.But,we are very blessed with AYP tools. Hang in there.

Deep belly breaths and alternate nostril breathing are my go-to to center myself.

Hope this was helpful.

Much Love,
Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 18 2023 4:47:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

kapardine

India
18 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2023 :  4:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit kapardine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for responding Sunayata.

I haven't discussed these symptoms with my primary caregiver as I have seen my symptoms 'settle' and be much less intense when my partner is around.
I have tried journalling multiple times but somehow cannot do it. Maybe I should try sitting with it and see if it helps.

Thank you again!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000