Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 mantra evolution
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeanjean82

France
24 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2023 :  08:47:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I practice ayp since 3 years. My main practice is deep meditation (with asana and pranayama but not fully stable). I switched to the mantra 'shree shree iam iam' about 2-3 months ago because I found the sound of 'shree' more pleasing. However, I now have doubts about this choice. I believe that I haven't experienced enough inner silence to evolve the mantra. So, I have switched back to the mantra 'iam.' It's quite difficult and subtle to describe, but I feel that with the 'iam' mantra, meditation is more challenging or turbulent.I would appreciate your thoughts on this perception.
Thanks

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2023 :  08:01:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is what Yogani says about it:

quote:
All of the characteristics of mantra enhancements are unchanged: The equivalent of an up-shift in gear, making a bigger footprint in the mind with additional mantra syllables, making a wider sweep through inner obstructions in the mind and nervous system, going slower into pure bliss consciousness, and coming out slower. This leads to the cultivation of more abiding inner silence in daily activity, and all the good that it brings into our life, which is why we are meditating.

in this lesson: https://www.aypsite.org/369.html

You may wish to try the alternative version. I found it a better, more stable one.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2023 :  02:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After many years of mantra enhancements, I returned to AYAM because the simplicity of it, the “less is more” factor, and that I found myself open to coming about full circle. It has now been a year and a half and AYAM still delivers, it’s just as effective as ever.
Go to Top of Page

Jeanjean82

France
24 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2023 :  08:43:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello,
Thank you for your responses, it is sometimes difficult to listen to one's inner guru. Advancing in one's practice is always very challenging for me. I had almost 3 years of practice where I didn't question much, but lately I have a lot of doubts and it feels like this instability in terms of practice is leading me towards both "highs" and "lows"."
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2023 :  3:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello to France! Jeanjean82, it is very interesting to read about your foray into mantra alternatives. I started in Transcendental Meditation, re-started in AYP after >20 years of no meditation, and have migrated from I AM back to my TM mantra, which I started 50 years ago.

You mention instability. For you, was the instability in terms of practice, as far as not maintaining regular practice, or was it in terms of reaching a state while meditating and not maintaining that state in a consistent manner? I must admit I have had both problems over the years.

I have considered enhancing the mantra when I was only using I AM, but not confident enhancements would help me - especially when I am not able now to choose to use the AYP mantra without it changing into my old TM mantra.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2023 :  4:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kensbikes,

It does not matter if the AYP mantra you are using (including any enhancement) changes into another mantra. All you do is continue to follow the procedure. When you notice you are off the mantra, you would favour the mantra with your attention again. So, you will be coming back to the AYP mantra, with your attention, each time you notice you are off it, including times when you are noticing it has changed to something else.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2023 :  1:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Christi,

I would like to discuss this more but I would soon become guilty of hijacking JeanJean82's topic.

So as we say in USA at least in Congress, I yield the floor back to the gentleperson from France, and hope that we have helped with the question which was raised.

Kensbikes
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2023 :  4:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kensbikes,

You don't need to worry about hijacking someone else's topic in these forums, as the moderators can split discussions into two. It is high tech around here!

Or, you can simply start a new topic.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000