Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Yogis radiance and overload
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - May 23 2023 :  09:06:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I plan on visiting India sometime in the future.

Boddhi tree in Gaya, and in Rishikesh and elsewhere there may be spiritually advanced people with Spinning crowns and whatnot.

Should I beware of this as I am sensitive and not having advanced conductivity yet? I would not want to overload abroad you know.

Btw, please tip me on things to do and visit in North India. I thought I saw someone recommending an ashram to visit in the forum, but I do not remember where.

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2023 :  11:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
On a further note…

I’m going to do an initiation ceremony in a another yoga practice similar to AYP as I am too curious to meet likeminded close to me, see shaktipat work and meet a guru. I won’t necessarily blend AYP with other practices afterwarda, I’m merely curious.

I suppose I will overload but the ceremony will merely last för 2 days. I thought it would not be a problem, people say that retreats are balanced.

Let me know if you have any tip or input
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2023 :  1:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wil

On days I have a lot of yoga happening, I make sure I am doing as much grounding as possible (getting outdoors, interacting with others) and have the intention of radiance (imagining the outflow of energy) to reduce the possibility of overload. Also, when you start to feel problematic symptoms, remove yourself from the practice and ground yourself. One of the reasons retreats balance out overload is the personal interactions with others because your attention is naturally drawn outwards and off of your inner “workings”; the same goes with ‘service to others’. Too much attention inwards for sustained periods of time is what you are trying to counterbalance. Good luck and enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2023 :  3:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Dogboy.

It makes sense that retreats are balanced. I’m not sure I can imagine out-flowing of energy though.

Thank you, I’m very excited.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2023 :  5:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Imagination only works well when it is practiced. Allow your imagination run wild and see what happens.

Edited by - Dogboy on Jun 11 2023 5:28:03 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000