Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 I need a friend to speak with------ I am alone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

keithhr

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2023 :  3:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am so fortunate because after 11 years of kundalini energy I a am not the same man as when
kundalini entered my life quiite by chance. I am so not the person I was in the beginnning of
all this . I was on the verge of death every day because I knew that if I trie.use, man it was way too strong but intuitivaly knew that i had to asssimilate as much as I could. But hey, luck was mind i met a guy at work, long hair, was very cool , he just sensed what I was going through cause he just knew and thank the powers that be. When something like ths energy comes to you, one quickly understands that it is so special you gotta learn. where it will take you. In these dark times for most, man I learned that what I had was absolute serenity. I just sought transcendent things to understand and beome apart of what i was now I am so even cool, laid back, alone 97%
of the time, my wife of 25 years brings me meals and an occasional smile. I am 77 and at peace with everything which is the exact diametrically opposit of me back then.Everything is cool but i need human contact, maybe need is a bit strong, Maybe i just like the humanness of the emotion. I am in a wheelchair but I am more me than ever I would love to seek , how do i privately get this done ????????. I do not want to continue on alone, I could forever, but it's also boring, boring, boring, btw, I am not in the mood to proof read all my crap. Do I just put my number up here and wait?

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2023 :  11:44:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Keith

Wherever you live, spring is on the way. My suggestion, if you feel safe to do so, is to get outside somewhere where people are. You describe a man in my small town, you can find him daily in the same place in an alcove off the sidewalk. Over the years I assume he has had many conversations come and go.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2023 :  4:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Keith, The inward pull of bliss is certainly a huge improvement over the high paced anxiety filled life most people live, yet, we are social creatures. I am sorry to hear of your feelings of loneliness. The pandemic has disrupted many routine social connections for many of us forcing many into more solitary pursuits. I was just talking with a friend last night and he shared a similar desire for human connection. Despite having a loving wife he just couldn't seem to find the connections he desires. I imagine after 77 years on this planet you don't need any of us to tell you where to go to meet people. I find the real challenge is facing our own fears that keep us from those connections.

Since you are asking I might offer some suggestions. As a starter Christi and others offer online and in person yoga retreats. I am going to take advantage of one soon. One of my passions is photography and that has typically been a solitary pursuit. I am aware of a number of camera clubs that I am going to explore. I imagine being wheelchair bound poses some barriers but in the US there are many accomodations made everywhere to help folks in wheelchairs get around. I recall teaching wheelchair tennis when I was in college.

I am glad to see you on this forum. Although virtual communities aren't as rich an experience as having a cup of coffee with a friend, they do connect you with the world in a way which is unique in this era. I have made a few real world friends from this virtual community.
Go to Top of Page

keithhr

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2023 :  09:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
after all these years I discovered that what I had for all those years was a zero thought state of mind, I described it but didn't know there was an actual name, It gave me a profound understanding ot what buddhism seemed to be. In that state, I didn't have to breath when I was in the white light , that took a couple of years to get used to, it gave me great perspective on most things, I exist in a state of serenity, perfect for me now that I am 77 years
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000