Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Awareness of awareness?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AmyElda

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2021 :  05:58:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all, I posted this question in the ‘plus’ support forum and no response so I thought I’d try here…

Does anyone else ever get the feeling of being ‘behind your thoughts’ when observing them? I don’t know how else to describe it. Like awareness of awareness?

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2021 :  06:12:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Amy,

You are probably not getting an answer probably because everyone is going - uh? It's like going to a cat devotee forum and asking - anyone likes cats here?

We practice deep meditation in AYP to cultivate exactly that - awareness of Awareness. DM gives rise to the Witness (awareness of Awareness)

Enjoy your practices

Sey
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2021 :  3:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amy, I find myself often asking similar questions on the forum. I've quite surprised at times by the intensity of the energy experiences and will often turn to the group for reassurance. Often at the heart of the question is some fear. Do you have some concern about this being "behind the thoughts" experience? Is this new for you? Did it exist before AYP practices? Does it cause you some distress?
Go to Top of Page

AmyElda

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2021 :  5:41:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Interpaul
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2021 :  4:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amy, Sorry if I bombarded you with so many personal questions, was just trying to help focus a dialogue if you were interested.
Go to Top of Page

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2021 :  01:03:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AmyElda

Hi all, I posted this question in the ‘plus’ support forum and no response so I thought I’d try here…

Does anyone else ever get the feeling of being ‘behind your thoughts’ when observing them? I don’t know how else to describe it. Like awareness of awareness?

So, there are thoughts, and the observing of thoughts. Then there is an awareness that is aware of the observing of thoughts.

Thoughts, and the observing of thoughts, are known.
If you are keen to inquiry...
By whom, or what, are thoughts, and the observing of thoughts known?
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2021 :  1:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
do your chores let me wander in an afternoon raga
becoming aware of the gaps move closer to them
the intimacy begins as dissolution prevails
the self the infinite empty full space requiring colour
taint it how you like give it all but it cannot be known
just to think of the knowing concept arises
falls away like the water that passes the mountain stream
of what can be sought and tasted in respect of change
fleeting more dreams grasping for foothold
the sequential linear and syncronised thought
passing by forever passing by noticed but not caught
the net of awareness has infinite holes
escape being thoughts only one thought
i am aware therefore i am another escapee gifts itself freedom.

Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2021 :  02:03:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amy if you're still interested in what is occurring, I'm happy to explain.

So much love my darling, a big smile and a massive hug coming for you 8

I'm here for you

Yogabuzz108

Go to Top of Page

AmyElda

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2021 :  7:09:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Interpaul, no apology necessary! Not at all. It’s the comment right before yours that I found to be condescending and made me feel bad and stupid for simply asking a question.
This new sensation doesn’t scare me at all. It’s just that - new. As i am relatively new to deep meditation and had not read it being explained in this way.

@Yogabuzz, I’d love it if you would explain in more detail what’s happening.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2021 :  8:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Amy

I hope you have since seen the reply to your question in the Plus forum. It was posted on the same day that you posted here.

One month on, are you starting to get used to being ‘behind your thoughts’?
This state is the result of your meditation practice and, if you continue practicing, it will slowly become the new normal. Are you enjoying it?

It looks like things are happening pretty fast for you. I remember you posting in Plus about reducing your DM to 5 minutes. So you are getting results with a small amount of practice. New openings could occur fast and take you by surprise.
Of course you can ask any questions here. Sey didn't mean to be discouraging. Maybe she got a little carried away by her own joke just then. She is lovely.

Enjoy your journey and keep us posted.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Aug 08 2021 8:56:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

AmyElda

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2021 :  6:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just read a comment on this same topic in the forum with the initial post titled “sound of the mantra” that SeySorciere used the exact phrase that I was made to feel stupid for asking about. On July 22, AFTER I had asked about this and used a phrase that I had NEVER seen written in this forum, and I’ve read I’m most of it, she commented,

“You slowly start being aware of Awareness.” Not cool, SeySorciere. Not.Cool.

If you’re going to continue responding to newcomer questions, I suggest you take a look at the way you respond to them.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2021 :  06:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Amy,

I sincerely apologise for any distress that I may have caused you. I would never wish to make anyone feel stupid.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000