Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 An advice?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zamolxes

Romania
93 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2021 :  09:55:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for advice regarding some asanas sequences or routines to practice, something short, and balanced.

I've never been too interested in asanas throughout the time I practiced yoga, I felt too lazy probably. There was a time when I practiced some Hatha Yoga before Ayp which felt good, but the 30 mins were too long and with time I became bored.

The next time I began practicing a combination of those poses, the ones in the ayp lessons and some kind of tai chi improvisation that I began doing since a child. Which woke my body up, moved my energies and then made them slightly dance, but aren't really that suitable for every day since it comes in the spur of the moment.

And well I was planning to start doing them again, something to help with flexibility and calmly move my energies. I would be grateful for advice, or for some sources in which I can get inspired from.

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2021 :  2:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi zamolxes,

if the short ayp routine doesn't fit for you, maybe have a look at the hatha yoga sun salutation. You will find it on the web easily. I do them for a couple of years now followed by ardha matsyendrasana and either sirshasana or sarvangasana/vipareeta karani mudra. Takes me like 5-15 minutes. If I like I do more sun salutations or other asana after sun salutation, before the others. Keeps me fit as well.
Go to Top of Page

zamolxes

Romania
93 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  06:16:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, the sun salutation is very enjoyable, adding some twists like in ardha matsyendrasana is a little hard but it is in part what I was looking for. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  06:59:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Zamolxes,

I don't know if you are aware of it, but in the second volume of the "AYP Easy Lessons for ecstatic living" book there is an enhanced asana sequence recommended by Yogani. It can be found on page 325. It is one of the most effective asana sequences that I have come across in terms of activating the energetic channels (nadis) in the body. It can also be found in lesson addition 383.1 in AYP Plus, with several videos there of AYP teachers performing the sequence.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  07:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Zamolxes,

An easy way to go about is to start with the all body massage (see the AYP asana program), followed by some sun salutations, and forward bend pose/back bend pose/twist pose - repeat this sequence if you want a longer program; finish with inversion poses. Varying poses or working every day toward a more challenging pose keeps things interesting. It is good to slow down as you conclude the program and relax a little in savasana or in a sitting pose to prepare for the sitting practices.
Go to Top of Page

zamolxes

Romania
93 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  09:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi and Blanche,

The routine you suggested Blanche, seems to fit me very well. I usually wake up a little clogged up and it seems perfect to wake my body up and prepare it for the sitting practices. I've been through a slow process of purification and for a couple of months could only do dm. Now I'm more light and feel capable of building up towards a calm ecstatic state that would bend after my stillness.

I will take a look also at the routines shown in the ayp book once I'm stable to experiment with practices. And hopefully get an ayp plus subscription soon and see what it has to offer. Thank you for your time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000