Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 How normal am I?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2020 :  1:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The subject is a bit of a tease but I see a common theme in many of the questions posed over the years. I mostly see posts that can be boiled down to the following story:
-I have enjoyed AYP practices for "...months/years"
-I am concerned about... (e.g. too much energy, too unstable, too much....)

The reply:
-self pace
-enjoy

It is hard to get a sense from spending time on this forum how much of this fear of too much is a normal part of this journey of redirecting Prana towards ecstatic bliss. To me it seems this practice is uniquely stimulating compared with most meditations and likely will trip many people up.

If you have been practicing for awhile I'd be interested in hearing how much you've had to self pace and if you've made it past the clunky/energy overloaded phase into the ecstatic bliss realm. That is, anyone have a sense of how many folks on the forum actually have achieved what Yogani points to (relative to the casualties of energy excess with abandoning the practices all together). This has been relevant for me lately as I have mixed feelings about sharing these practices with friends as I still struggle to find the balance, although most days I am deeply grateful to have found the practices and continue to be more hopeful they are helping me in my spiritual journey.

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  4:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe even a wave of light feels like the ocean as it first touches its water ,practice for me is the meeting of the the two creating moments illusions of which consciousness lives ,bliss is an aspect of this but by no means an end beginning or start to the exsperience of humanness ,without meditation practice this exsperience would be different on many levels ,introspection coupled with self awareness self realisation opens doors to the patterns of behaviour ,karma if you like ,sometimes you its nice other times not so good pandora box springs to mind ,is hope a blessing or just another grasp at a better outcome ,ecstasy certainly exists and is well within our biology trying to reproduce this maybe an option but there are many ways of being and seeing , bliss is a state ,samadhi is a state ,constant flux is the nature of everything even consciousness it thrives on newness exsperience evolution ,share your knowledge of yogani with all maybe it fits maybe it does not it is a road map ,but the signs are not always clearly marked and sometimes even if they are you will not always see them ,sometimes the practice creates friction but so does life ,do we let the rock in the river wear away with time and the running water ,or do we bend remove by hand ,many rocks many rivers in many worlds in many universes in many multiverses all innumerable
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  11:43:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
share your knowledge of yogani with all maybe it fits maybe it does not it is a road map ,but the signs are not always clearly marked and sometimes even if they are you will not always see them

Kumar, this is a great description!

Interpaul, AYP has been my first and only practice, so I have nothing for comparison, and yes feeling energy can be double edged. Instability can be accounted for in many ways: yogi’s prior practices (to AYP); premature awakenings; addictive Bhakti; a karmic disposition, to name a few. How one defines pain and pleasure plays a role in decisions to self pace. I learned early in ecstatic conductivity the head pressure, hearing silence in my left ear, and kriyas were nothing to fear; to some this is too much.

When others ask about my meditation, I am upfront about the gift inner silence is for me, and how, after years of discipline of practice, I am able to sense and direct energy with my attention. Examine your reluctance and mixed feelings, Perhaps you are not ready to share yet. To find balance, ground yourself in daily living, and have the intention of seeking the silence behind all your current inner noise.

Edited by - Dogboy on Mar 10 2020 11:44:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2020 :  1:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kumar, Thank you for your unique poetic response. As I've shared in the past it takes me a few readings to process but I am grateful for the wisdom you communicate. I'm a little unclear on the meaning of "do we let the rock in the river wear away with time and the running water ,or do we bend remove by hand ,many rocks many rivers in many worlds in many universes in many multiverses all innumerable". In my posts I clearly struggle with a duality of action or acceptance. When you expand this process to the multiverse it challenges me to grasp your message.

Dogboy, Your wisdom and experience have continued to be a source of hope and guidance for me, thanks. I was curious about the idea of enlightenment the other day. I did a google search on the word and Kant's writing titled "What is Enlightenment" came up multiple times. In his first two lines he says "Enlightenment is man's release from his self incurred tutelage. Tutelage is man's inability to make use of his understanding without direction from another...have courage to use your own reason!"-that is the motto of enlightenment". I suspect he wasn't specifically referring to spiritual enlightenment but his words spoke to me. In some ways Yogani's teachings are a gift given with the hope we can ultimately live "without the direction of another" Trusting in myself and these practices has clearly been a struggle for me, yet, AYP has been the first spiritual practice that has given me the experiential feedback to trust in the benefits of the practices. Yogani speaks of a second adolescence with some of the awakening energies with the practices. Slowly but surely I am trusting in the practice as confirmed by the benefits. The set backs on the way hopefully die down and the courage to proceed without the need for reassurance will grow. Thank you and others on this forum for helping me proceed forward despite my fears.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2020 :  5:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The references I make are a mixture of learning, problems arise within all our endeavours enlightenment included ,we shine the light and its illuminated we may not like what we see or we do or it has no movement of feeling ,this gives us momentum for the next reveal ,sometimes it's best to wait to leave to let the consciousness rest to abide in itself before moving on self pacing if you like ,letting the water wear away at the obstacle ,other times dismiss the remove the obstacle within our field so we may move ahead shine more light on other areas we wish to exsplore ,behaviour can be an obstacle that can propel or hold back our expansion outside ourselves and also the inner realm from which all action starts ,samsara the turn of the universe ,samskaras the individual impressions intertwine creating the illusion of free will ect ,many universe many rocks many rivers ,innumerable because creation is unstoppable ,creation of thought creation of particles and everything we can imagine ,do they exist well yes for moments depending on relativity of time and space ,eg 24 7 bliss accurs only because its our day and our week in another world maybe the days and weeks are longer ,bliss still exists but the perception of it changes this goes for everything ,many universe many multiverses this of course maybe just another wild goose chase but who really knows except for one experiencing it truth is truth because we call it truth ,the Buddha in the do one sutra cuts right to core of this worth a read .
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2020 :  5:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Diamond sutra ,
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2020 :  5:52:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kumar, Thank you for your response, I understand better now to what you were referring . I will look into the diamond sutra.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000