AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Despair
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2020 :  04:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So I'm at a stage when it seems every avenue in life has ended in failure. Every effort has been in vain. There is a strong dissatisfaction with this life and in myself for getting myself to this point, though I can acknowledge I have done my best in everything, it's a simple fact that my best hasn't been enough to avoid this.

Even spiritual practices haven't brought the freedom, peace, love, abundance, whatever. It hasn't turned me into a good person, especially a good father, which I sense was one of my primary motivations to meditate in the first place. So motivation to meditate is irregular and often lacking. I sense the experience is rather humbling, and tends to be relentless, there is some momentary peace after shedding tears. But the clouds do not lift, and the cycle repeats, with no end in sight.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2020 :  06:32:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello compassion

By what standards did you fail?
And how did those standards get formed and adopted by you?

My first reaction to your self assessment is that it's very black and white. You know, we could all have done some things better, some things we managed to do not too badly, but doing nothing right? That's unusual. So tell us more about it.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Mar 04 2020 09:28:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2020 :  5:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps the best reason for a regular practice? To have a daily routine to count on? When lost in a forest, you can sit and wait for someone to rescue you, or you can try to walk your way out.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  12:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Compassion, Your note hit me hard. I feel a lot of pain and sadness in your words . I am glad you reached out here. There are a lot of kind and caring individuals on this forum. Don't give up. These practices are a gift given to us by Yogani but they don't fix all of our problems. I am a father too. The fact you question if you are good father is hopeful. We always have a chance to do better tomorrow. Find a little compassion for yourself. The efforts you make every day matter but may not be apparent to you in the short term.
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  11:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Compassion, Let us not be too hard on ourselves. I am sure there are some down days in all of us's life. But what meditation does is to take us beyond the mind's chatter. If you keep the practice on a regular basis you will reach that place. Remember nothing is permanent so pls let go this feeling of not good father and negativity. BTW we will have to let go even this body one day. so just accept everything this moment and you will see the light at the end of tunnel.

wishing you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  10:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
“Build a better world,” said God.
And I answered,
“How? The world is such a vast place,
And so complicated now,
And I’m small and useless;
There’s nothing I can do.”
But God in all His wisdom said,
“Just build a better you.”
--Anonymous

“What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly."
- Richard Bach

Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2020 :  1:56:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jusmail, Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Compassion, How are you doing?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000