Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Problems with moving energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Konchog

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2017 :  2:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys. I'm having some problems with a technique of mine. During sexual activity, when the desire moves into the groin, i lock the perineum, bring the prana up into the head, then drop it down into the stomach with a mantra. The problem is that even though I can bring the prana out of the groin, the lust and desire still stays in that area without moving, which is really unpleasant when you are abstaining from ejaculation lol. Any advice?

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2017 :  05:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Konchong,

Welcome to the AYP forum. The first thing to ask related to your question is, do you have a regular meditation practice?

The view of AYP is to practice meditation at first, develop inner silence. Energetic practices used without a stable daily meditation practice are never advised here.
If we know more about your daily practice, someone might have an advice for you. (I am not a guy)
Go to Top of Page

Konchog

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2017 :  09:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

Hi Konchong,

Welcome to the AYP forum. The first thing to ask related to your question is, do you have a regular meditation practice?

The view of AYP is to practice meditation at first, develop inner silence. Energetic practices used without a stable daily meditation practice are never advised here.
If we know more about your daily practice, someone might have an advice for you. (I am not a guy)

Thanks for the response. Ive had a daily meditation practice for years. I chant a mantra, focus on a white sphere 4 finger widths below the navel, and focus on the earth element. These were taught to me by teachers to fix a problem i have with prana getting stuck in my head.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2017 :  2:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Konchog

I can see how focusing on the earth element and four fingers below the navel would keep energy from pooling in the head; prana can be channeled with intention. Could this also be grounding your lust and desire? As Yogani outlines in all his lessons, the meditation and tantra lessons, meditation practices expand inner silence, opens energy nadis which in turn allows free flow of prana. From this simply by being open to this flow rather than micromanaging the chakras seems a stabler way toward a whole body experience. I recommend you read through the tantra lessons from the beginning (link at top of page) but this lesson in particular exemplifies this experience: https://www.aypsite.org/T60.html

Now that I am established in my daily practice, my congress with my wife (who is not into yoga) has allowed a fuller experience of that union as prana passes between us (or feels as if it does); sex becomes a moving meditation. If you open to silence through a dedicated meditation practice, arousal becomes full-body on its own, no need to try and move it around. Should you notice it stuck, then be with it and surrender, this is a temporary place, no doing necessary.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000