Shared Left Border

 

 

 

Help Yourself
And Others



Notices

What's New on
AYP Plus?

AYP Retreats
Worldwide Listing


AYP Teacher Training

Local Contacts
Meditation Groups,
Training & Retreats


Key L
essons

Start Lessons Here

Desire - Bhakti

Deep Meditation

Self-Pacing

Spinal Breathing
Pranayama

Chakras

Mulabandha

Sambhavi Mudra

Asanas - Postures

Siddhasana

Yoni Mudra
Kumbhaka

Uddiyana - Nauli

Navi Kriya

Kechari Mudra

Chin Pump
Jalandhara

Eight Limbs of Yoga

Samyama & Siddhi

Spinal Bastrika
Pranayama

Heart Breathing

Yoga Nidra
Cosmic Samyama

Mantra Enhancements

Solar Centering

Tantra

Brahmacharya

Vajroli Mudra

Whole Body Mudra

Yogic Diet

Fasting

Addictions

Hallucinogens

Shatkarmas

Amaroli

Nectar Cycle

Kundalini
Assistance

Sensitivity Issues

Spirits & Entities

Shaktipat

Self-Inquiry
Jnana - Advaita

End of Suffering

Karma Yoga

Dare to Dream

Evolution of Action

Prayer & Healing

Yoga for Children

Ayurveda

Summary of Practices

Time Management

Modifications to
Baseline System

Teaching

Retreats

Enlightenment
Milestones

Freedom


More Resources

AYP Plus

Public Forum

Plus Forum

AYP Survey

audioicon1.jpg (812 bytes)
AYP on Radio & TV

Yoga FAQ

Sanskrit Glossary

AYP Books & Audio

Downloads

AYP Books Flyer

Extended Booklist

International
Translations

Press Releases

Articles & Media

Promotional
Materials

Website Traffic

Links

AYP-Related Websites

Social Networks

Volunteer

Donate

AYP Public Forum
AYP Public Forum
AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga and Relationships
 Left husband
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lalow33

USA
945 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2017 :  11:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So, I left my husband today. He has called me slut, bad mom, and every type of degenerative. So... who knows?

I'm not calling him names.

Edited by - lalow33 on Dec 06 2017 11:21:55 PM

jusmail

India
463 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  02:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh dear!

Love
Strength
Wisdom
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  09:08:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So sorry,Lalow. Stay strong.

Much Love.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  10:27:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wishing you the best as you navigate this territory, Lalow.

Love to you.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
555 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2017 :  06:48:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Often people's words and actions reflect their inner state rather than ours. That is, your husband's words say more about him than about you. When we take care and respect ourselves, we take care and respect everyone else.

Strength Wisdom Love to you, Lalow
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1551 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2017 :  07:33:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love to you Lalow
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
1584 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2017 :  6:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Chard

247 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2017 :  01:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Strength, love, prayers to you Lalow. Your AYP community is standing w you
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
945 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2017 :  2:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So, I realized that my youngest was wearing the same clothes to school, his backpack broke. So I felt terrible and came back. A day gone and everything goes to crap.
Go to Top of Page

dv2014

USA
92 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2017 :  4:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
555 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2017 :  06:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

I think you made a point. And you are a good mother, if you are willing to go back to take care of your child.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
1584 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2017 :  10:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your husband needs to check his tongue, but that's his problem, watch his words dribble down his chin and the front of his shirt, his mess not yours. Bravo for attending to your kid, and being there and showing him there is strength in measured words.

Edited by - Dogboy on Dec 12 2017 10:52:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
945 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2017 :  11:14:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Boundaries. I've set them. My oldest son is now acting like my hubby towards me. I'm grounding him.

What a weird life! I've sacrificed so much to have a nice family, but it didn't turn out like I thought.

If I ever thought we were all one, I'm smacked in the face with real life, which disagrees with all that.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
463 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2017 :  07:17:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"I'm grounding him."

Is it the same as in "grinding to bits" or the AYP grounding that we have in our jargon?

Any way, wishing you the very best now and in 2018
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1486 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2017 :  10:56:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jusmail
"I'm grounding him."
Is it the same as in "grinding to bits"

Good one!

quote:
Originally posted by lalow33
If I ever thought we were all one, I'm smacked in the face with real life
If they weren't all you, Lalow, would their deeds and words hurt you as much as they do? Doesn't the very pain prove there is no boundary?

Life rarely turns out the way we think. You are doing as much as everyone can, which is doing your best in the circumstances.

Wishing you peace



Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2017 :  6:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i worship my wife as kali when it's that time of the month and she starts becoming frustrated and destructive . marriage isnt suppose to be easy. unless he is a physical threat and that can vary in degrees that should be the only time to leave. him granted this is my opinion and u lknow its no better than anyone elses. i wouldnt leave my wife for anything. i know a normal man cant handle kali she needs a yogi

edit: shes totally into it too. she loves me dressing up like shiva covered with rudra beads worshiping her at her feet. she doesnt think its weird one bit and i go into spritual xtc and samadhi by worshipping her as the holy mother. it has helped bring samadhi down into waking life. surrender plays a big part. i empty myself as completely as i can while i worship her.

Edited by - adishivayogi on Dec 27 2017 8:21:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
463 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2017 :  7:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice perspective, Yogi
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2017 :  8:13:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the key to a happy marriage is understanding and compassion. get to know your husband. all action comes from god. if you knew him you might see his actions come from love.but through his mind they become distorted. i see this in my wife. i see this in myself. my wife loves so much but shes also been the source of much destruction. i know she is kali. i even invoked kali a year prior to meeting my wife. i begged her to enter into my life and destroy me. and she did. but now im married to a goddess and shes shown me how to make myself small and to surrender my will or she might freak out and burn the house down. its a little extreme, but ah, im the kinda yogi who needs that chaos. so please maybe you shuldnt limit yourself to my opinion. actually please dont. lol idk. diovrce hurts though. if it's what you want just trust all is well. make everything practise. i love having to let go of things. i let go of my wife, and when i did i realized something hehe. now we're happily married
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
945 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2017 :  5:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by adishivayogi

the key to a happy marriage is understanding and compassion. get to know your husband. all action comes from god. if you knew him you might see his actions come from love.but through his mind they become distorted. i see this in my wife. i see this in myself. my wife loves so much but shes also been the source of much destruction. i know she is kali. i even invoked kali a year prior to meeting my wife. i begged her to enter into my life and destroy me. and she did. but now im married to a goddess and shes shown me how to make myself small and to surrender my will or she might freak out and burn the house down. its a little extreme, but ah, im the kinda yogi who needs that chaos. so please maybe you shuldnt limit yourself to my opinion. actually please dont. lol idk. diovrce hurts though. if it's what you want just trust all is well. make everything practise. i love having to let go of things. i let go of my wife, and when i did i realized something hehe. now we're happily married



That's how I used to think as well. That I should be okay with everything. After umpteen years of yoga, I'm still not.

I've been with my hubby for 22 years. I was very happy for at least 15 of those. If you are newly married, I probably won't take one bit of your advice, not that it may not be correct, just that you don't really understand.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
945 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2017 :  5:58:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. It's actually a weird surrender as I'm not putting up with stuff, while I'm voicing my discomfort. I didn't used to do that.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2017 :  11:17:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lalow,

I'm not a relationship expert but these are the few things I've heard from some wise souls.

In long term relationships the first few years(the honeymoon stage) is all about love. After that it's 80-90% yoga and 20-10% love. Then during the later years, it comes back full circle to more love and less yoga. I'm sure the fruits of this tapas (spiritual practice) is very sweet. I've witnessed this around me. Or I've seen couples go their separate ways after the kids are out of the house. In this case, the Karmic relationship is probably over.

We really don't need yoga during good times. It's when times get hard, the practices come in handy. It's definitely not easy but a lot of growth/polishing happens when we continue taking steps for the benefit of all residing in Stillness. It takes a lot of strength, courage to stay. It's very easy to walk away. And, reading from your post you are doing an excellent job. The embodiment of the Divine Feminine/Goddess that you are. Being selfless and serving your kids is the highest spiritual practice of all.

Much Love & Hugs.

Edited by - sunyata on Dec 28 2017 11:31:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  12:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

quote:
Originally posted by adishivayogi

the key to a happy marriage is understanding and compassion. get to know your husband. all action comes from god. if you knew him you might see his actions come from love.but through his mind they become distorted. i see this in my wife. i see this in myself. my wife loves so much but shes also been the source of much destruction. i know she is kali. i even invoked kali a year prior to meeting my wife. i begged her to enter into my life and destroy me. and she did. but now im married to a goddess and shes shown me how to make myself small and to surrender my will or she might freak out and burn the house down. its a little extreme, but ah, im the kinda yogi who needs that chaos. so please maybe you shuldnt limit yourself to my opinion. actually please dont. lol idk. diovrce hurts though. if it's what you want just trust all is well. make everything practise. i love having to let go of things. i let go of my wife, and when i did i realized something hehe. now we're happily married



That's how I used to think as well. That I should be okay with everything. After umpteen years of yoga, I'm still not.

I've been with my hubby for 22 years. I was very happy for at least 15 of those. If you are newly married, I probably won't take one bit of your advice, not that it may not be correct, just that you don't really understand.



5 years. but that doesnt mean anything. im not the guy who can remain miserable. my marriage was the source of much much pain addictions abuse. it was my decent into hell, my dark hour. if it wasnt for my marriage the fruition of my kriya practice may have never been realized. sometimes it appear we are off the path, meanwhile kriya is working. before i strived to be okay with everything. i tried to meditate, i had wonderful worthless experiences..telling me i was going in the direction. you have to let go of everything and knw yourself. then you will know husband

it takes some decades to perform kechari others months. ive seen guys have surgeries to remove their tongues tether and then ive seen 12 year girl perform it on theirr first attempt. dont mistake your 22 years as proof of anything. if youre husband is a lay man then things can only reach a certain level of instensity and knowing. he can only make himself as small as his ego allows. your a woman. i wont say make yourself small for a man. yes it would work, but i wont tell you to do that. social dynamics prevent me

Edited by - adishivayogi on Dec 30 2017 1:06:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  12:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Hi lalow,

I'm not a relationship expert but these are the few things I've heard from some wise souls.

In long term relationships the first few years(the honeymoon stage) is all about love. After that it's 80-90% yoga and 20-10% love. Then during the later years, it comes back full circle to more love and less yoga. I'm sure the fruits of this tapas (spiritual practice) is very sweet. I've witnessed this around me. Or I've seen couples go their separate ways after the kids are out of the house. In this case, the Karmic relationship is probably over.

We really don't need yoga during good times. It's when times get hard, the practices come in handy. It's definitely not easy but a lot of growth/polishing happens when we continue taking steps for the benefit of all residing in Stillness. It takes a lot of strength, courage to stay. It's very easy to walk away. And, reading from your post you are doing an excellent job. The embodiment of the Divine Feminine/Goddess that you are. Being selfless and serving your kids is the highest spiritual practice of all.

Much Love & Hugs.




It takes yoga to be a mother. being a mother is the yoga itself . being a GOOD husband takes enormous amounts of sadhana. kriya is an airplane to god. if you allow your wife she can transport you to god instantously. it is a form of bhakti. you must worship her. it is harder for a woman to make her husband the object of her devotion i believe. maybe not for the spiritual elite amongst them. but still. its far easier for them to make their children more than themselves

Edited by - adishivayogi on Dec 30 2017 8:01:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
945 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  8:47:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What I was trying to say to you that I thought along the same lines as you up until a few years ago. At my point, it's best to be real even from an unawakened state. I'm not tucking anything away 'cause I can't lie to myself much anymore. Energy awakening took care of that.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  9:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

When we see through our delusions and become vulnerable and accept our pain. A door opens in the form of clarity and we can take steps from this place.
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  10:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

What I was trying to say to you that I thought along the same lines as you up until a few years ago. At my point, it's best to be real even from an unawakened state. I'm not tucking anything away 'cause I can't lie to myself much anymore. Energy awakening took care of that.


thats good. you know what you need to do at some depth. i dont. give your worries to god let him solve them. im well aware i may not always be married to my life. i choose not to put my focus there. i value the attachment i have. we need some strings

and with that said i cant imagine what its like to be married to a man as a woman. so i know there are severe limitations on my perspective. a woman to me serves a large role in a male householder's path. but i think your marriage would be a lot happier if your husband was the worship my wife as my mother kind of guy. my conditioning leads me to the conclusion its a mans duty to make the most out of his marriage. value and love your children. that is a great yoga being a mother. i see my mothers and fathers marriage and while theyve cooled down a lot with old age. i know my mom only stayed for the kids. thats yoga. im sorry youve taught me a lot thank you

Edited by - adishivayogi on Dec 30 2017 10:38:48 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

 

 

 

Join the Mail List:
News and Events
Near You


AYP PLUS PREVIEW


Direct Downloads

eBooks - PDF, EPUB
and MOBI-KINDLE

FREE eBooks with
MP3 AudioBooks

SAVE  with Bundled
Multi-Title Downloads


Preview
AYP Books

(PDF Books Flyer)

Easy Lessons

Advanced Yoga Practices Book



Spiritual
Adventure Novel

The Secrets of Wilder Novel


Enlightenment Series

Deep Meditation Book


Spinal Breathing Pranayama Book


Tantra Book


Asanas, Mudras & Bandhas Book


Samyama Book


Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli Book


Self-Inquiry Book


Bhakti and Karma Yoga Book


Eight Limbs of Yoga Book


Eight Limbs of Yoga Book



Questions & Answers

 

 

Public Home | Plus Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | Topic Paths | Interviews | Videos | Site Search | Links Section | Testimonials | AYP Survey | Books | Downloads | Contact