Yoga and Relationships
 alone vs. relationship
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aguacate

Germany
44 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2018 :  5:01:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks,

since a few months I noticed something weird.

Background: I'm not a big fan of love-relationships, I am preferring to be alone.

So what I noticed, I keep meeting people who look at me, never met me before and suddenly say something like this: "You should find someone. A relationship is important, even the indian masters just got the highest titles when they were married"

Ok here is my confusion:

- where do the commentators suddenly come from? - I live alone my whole life and suddenly they appear, and after maybe 30 minutes talking to me they mention that.

- always part of the message is that it would block enlightenment / be an obstacle on the path not to find someone you love or marry.

What do you think? Is that an obstacle? And why are more or less strangers suddenly come and mention it to me?

Edited by - aguacate on Feb 19 2018 5:05:31 PM

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  03:39:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi aguacate

quote:
Background: I'm not a big fan of love-relationships, I am preferring to be alone.

Is this still the preference or are you in doubt?

quote:
- where do the commentators suddenly come from? - I live alone my whole life and suddenly they appear, and after maybe 30 minutes talking to me they mention that.

Could it be that you have a certain age? That could be a reason.

Again, are you yourself in doubt? If not, we can just let others talk and follow our own journey. On the other hand if we are in doubt, or looking for something it is like we receive messages, that is how it works.

We could stay open to all possibilities in life, that is what creates space.

Personally I don't believe in enlightenment only for the married or the ones in love relationships, and I don't believe you do either.

Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  10:53:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi aguacate,

for me, it’s just a very common and boring talking subject when you meet a stranger and begin to talk. Just after “what’s your job ?” and just before “have you children ?”.

And if you are alone “you should find someone “ is very usual. If you are married I assume “are you always happy with him/her ?” is usual. I don’t see here a message.

But maybe if you feel it’s a message, it can be a message if after, you have some doubts about you celibacy. Follow you heart.
Go to Top of Page

aguacate

Germany
44 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  5:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your answers!

I don't see it as a message, it just became something multiple people told me in the last months (all yogis and yoginis) - and before it never happened.

I got a bit worried as they said each time enlightenment / progress on the spiritual path would be coupled to it, didn't believe it but got worried, especially as it happened so often. The implications would be weird.

Recent doubts came from the repeated mentioning (i.e. "maybe they are right, but then what? does that mean i have to search for a partner to progress on the spiritual path?").

In general boths ways of living have pros and cons for me. So I have doubts about both
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  02:09:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
In general boths ways of living have pros and cons for me. So I have doubts about both

It is perfectly ok to not know. Worrying is mostly about future happenings or old happenings. Both are not here now.
Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  03:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Even you think you have to « search » for a partner to progress, it’s not so easy like to search (and find) some special food or a new house. If you search and find a divine love partner relationship, give me the recipe!

Without searching, maybe just stay more open-minded to this possibility in your daily life and you will see what the life will bring to you.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  04:37:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi aguacate

When we've progressed far enough in our journey, we transcend both the attachment to one man/woman and the attachment to a celibate life style.

In the meantime, we are free to pursue whichever choice fits our inclinations or circumstances.
Go to Top of Page

afraidof12

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2020 :  01:53:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by aguacate

Hi folks,

since a few months I noticed something weird.

So what I noticed, I keep meeting people who look at me, never met me before and suddenly say something like this: "You should find someone. A relationship is important, even the indian masters just got the highest titles when they were married"

Ok here is my confusion:

- always part of the message is that it would block enlightenment / be an obstacle on the path not to find someone you love or marry.

What do you think? Is that an obstacle? And why are more or less strangers suddenly come and mention it to me?

There is always so much confusion in the world. Some people want to instill their own ideas in others as long as they find differences in their lifestyle or world outlook
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2020 :  02:58:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
go for whatever makes you happy, if you feel that you are not ready for a relationship as of the moment; then enjoy being single. this may sound cheesy, but I believe in destiny; someone out there is meant for you and you don't have to look for that one. it will come on the most perfect time, just be open.
Go to Top of Page

SheriGoddart33

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2020 :  10:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit SheriGoddart33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many people judge by themselves. When they say this, they don’t think that you are better off alone. They are used to the fact that society tells them that being alone is bad.
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  07:57:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it's the way you express yourself while having conversations with them that they would think of saying those words.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000