Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Book review: The Great Work of Your Life
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aguacate

Germany
44 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2017 :  1:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey folks,

a friend recommended "The Great Work of Your Life: A Guide for the Journey to Your True Calling" to me. So here is my book review:

The book is about the Gita and how the Gita explains Dharma and an the fight against doubt. The author takes the stories of multiple persons, some very popular and some people from the neighbourhood and discusses their journeys in the light of the Gita.

Together with the author we explore how these people found their dharma and with it their purpose in life. For some characters their dharma changed at a certain point in life, while others found their dharma very young and it didn't change for them. It also covers the feeling of being overwhelmed by the fear of missing out and the problems to take a new road when a crossing appears.

For me the book was a nice read, I would have enjoyed some more practical tips to find your true dharma. Still it was good to read and gave me some support and food for thought, as I am in a point in my life where I feel unsure about my dharma.

Happy Navrati,
el aguacate

Edited by - aguacate on Sep 23 2017 1:37:18 PM

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2017 :  3:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the book review, aguacate Hopefully your doubts will clear soon.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000