AYPsite.org Forum
 Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Skin care products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2017 :  01:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All! So I'm yet to make peace with skin care products...I've just moved to a place that is very sunny year-round to which I'm not accustomed coming from the northeast. I really want to protect my skin (especially the fact that skin cancer runs in my family) and want some suggestions please regarding sunscreen and also just face care products...

I have very sensitive skin and get a rash on my chin from any products with fruit extracts (including lemon, citrus, peach). I've been using Dr. Hauscka products for years which I don't react to and have been fine, yet they don't have sunscreen.
Love to hear suggestions! Thank you!! C

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2017 :  03:57:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe you can walk in a salon for advice and ask samples with sunscreen to try before you buy.
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2017 :  05:50:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You asked for advice, and now you get it .

Self-pacing with regards to sun-exposure is the advice here.
Avoiding strong sun (7:30am - 6:30pm in Germany), and staying only so long it is pleasant (not to the point of not-pleasant but still manageable). These times are what my body tells me, you can easily listen to your body to find our what is pleasant to it .
I wrote these times down just because I feel the official recommendations are way off.

Sun is a stressor, but the creams are also a stressor when they distupt body functioning.
Maybe you could question these idea that makes you consider the application of sun-blocking creams.

When you near overload in AYP, you make a pause.
Later on, with self pacing, you are able to take on more energy.

These creams will not make you able to take on more energy from the sun.
Their influence on people's health is yet to be discovered.

Sometimes it is more prudent to examine our driving motives, than to examine all the ways of fulfilling our objective.

Edited by - Mykal K on Aug 24 2017 06:50:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2017 :  01:22:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for feedback Charliedog and Mykal K... Interesting points I never considered, Thanks!
I've gone back to doing my abyanga daily and then a few hours later putting mineral sunscreen protection on and wearing hat... so that seems to work for now. Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000