Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Anyone try Yoga Nidra?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  06:38:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Don't know much about this one. Anyone tried or have experiences?

Edited by - lateralus on Jun 24 2016 07:11:02 AM

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2017 :  08:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I tried the yoga nidra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati. You can find it in YouTube. A small 25 minute routines involving progressive muscle relaxation, little focus on the chakras, spine and some guided imagery. It will take you to a deep theta state (4-8 Hz brainwave frequency) in a short while.

If you practice meditate consistently, you may also get the experience of white light. But thats subjective and doesnt happen all the time. I did mine as a form of afternoon naps near by office - under a tree
Go to Top of Page

aguacate

Germany
44 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2017 :  4:12:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I did! Tip: if you have enough time do it after a set of Asanas and a few minutes Savasana to deepen the experience.

I had good results already the first time. It was part of the end of my first yoga class. Over time it gets easier and easier. Yoga Nidra is very relaxing for me.

My favorite Yoga Nidra tape is this one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/e.../id569953077 -- I found it in an old thread of this forum. I guess you can buy it online somewhere else as well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000