Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Focusing on 3rd eye during Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

love_meditation

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  10:50:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When I am repeating 'I AM' my focus shifts to point in between eye brows (3rd eye location). I continue to focus there till the end. Is this is ok?

Ace

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  04:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

If your eyes are slightly turning upward, when this hapens,it's actually a practice, called sambhavi.http://www.aypsite.org/56.html
If this is happening, this is referred to as "automatic yoga" by Yogani. This means that the mudras are happening automatically, without the intention to perform them.
When you notice your attention is shifting away from the mantra, just easily come back to it. Just see it as another distraction and favour the mantra, but don't try to fight it, just let it be there, while you continue with your meditation.

It's actually the same for me, when I close my eyes, my eyes automatically go upward and perform sambhavi. I just let them...

good luck with your practice
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  05:14:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello love_meditation

Ace is right, if your attention goes there by itself, then we don't fight that. But you should not make a conscious effort to keep it there. Your sole focus should be the object of meditation, in this case the mantra.

Enjoy your practice!

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jul 27 2015 07:47:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

love_meditation

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  07:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Got it. Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000