Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Thelema, Crowley, Higher Guardian Angel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reality11

USA
48 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  12:51:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know much about Thelemic practices, Aleister Crowley's teachings, and the Higher Guardian Angel?

In this book by Alan Chapman is this quote:
https://thebaptistshead.files.wordp...epsebook.pdf
quote:
You might be wondering why, if you can achieve the Great Work or enlightenment through other much simpler, less poetic systems of attainment, such as vipassana or Zen, you might want to consider attempting the Great Work the magical way. The answer is simple: the Holy Guardian Angel is the fastest, most efficient means of metaphysical development I have ever come across. Working with the angel means progress is no longer a question of conscious deliberation, and the angel is in the position
of knowing your self better than you do. Who better then than the angel in providing instruction?

That certainly sounds quite appealing, does it not? And yet, Crowley was an ego centric man. Can this "HGA" be bad for your soul? Can it be a demon in disguise? In order to evoke the HGA requires complete surrender to him... that puts me off a bit.

The claim of what the HGA is, is that he's your guardian angel that's been with your during your entire life. He is your true self. If that's the case, then there's nothing to fear, is there?

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - May 23 2015 :  1:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
seems kinda lazy
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - May 23 2015 :  9:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My guru has become my angel; maybe they are twins or something...
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 24 2015 :  03:41:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is nothing to fear....
Angel
Guru
God
Self
You
All....or nothing
You are All
You are nothing
No-Thing
nothing
but

Edited by - Charliedog on May 24 2015 06:10:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

benny

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2018 :  12:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If anyone would like to correspond with me regarding this topic, I would be very grateful.
Go to Top of Page

Arunachala Bhakta

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2018 :  09:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by reality11

The claim of what the HGA is, is that he's your guardian angel that's been with your during your entire life. He is your true self. If that's the case, then there's nothing to fear, is there?

I've just listened a radio interview of a Finnish Marko Meretvuori(has social media), who has studied and practised Crowley's method for 15 years. When he was asked is HGA the Higher I, True Will, or what, he said that HGA is something that everyone has to find out them self, that it is something that can't be put in to words/consepts, and that is why also Crowleys explanations about it changed over time.

Edited by - Arunachala Bhakta on Mar 18 2018 2:16:58 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000