Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 AYP Plus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  2:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It's just heaven on AYP Plus to listen to an audio book and in another browser window follow along reading the book.

I mainly attend to Yogani's thoughts he's expressing and somehow hearing it and following the written words makes it easier for me to stay focused and receptive. Most chapters are around 4 to 5 minutes and that helps too.

But the whole attitude he's expressing verbally adds another dimension for me and my monkey mind. I've listened to a bunch of his audio on Youtube but this is better along with the written word.

There's eleven books in the "Enlightenment Series" each with an audio book and I'm going to eat 'em up from start to finish doing them together.

Here's a Youtube link to the "Enlightenment Series Preview" of some of the AYP books:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymj...6C380E2DC7AE

Edited by - AYPforum on May 03 2015 4:41:39 PM

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  3:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Never tried to read a book and follow the same text on audio version - interesting idea, I will try it, thank you!
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  7:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
audio for me is like listening to the waves lapping the shore of my soul ,i return each time and in each hearing recieve a different sound may all spiritual knowledge be transferred to audio ,to listen to the vibration of anothers voice is wonderfull and to be able to go back forth to relisten many times makes the deeper meaning more accessable .my first was the gita narrated by deepak chopra a wonderfull translation and true to the meaning ,now i have listened to many teachers from eckhart ,to swami rama ,and tolstoy ,truly opening and forever locked inside my heart thank the lord for the ipod and the apple from the tree of knowledge or the tree of knowledge from apple.
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  9:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ecdyonurus Yogani's words and voice together are the bomb for me suddenly.

Novel but time will tell if it becomes a consistent practice.

I gotta try the eleven books at least.
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  9:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Kumar ul islam, the old voices' "stillness/wisdom" can become ever-new in the "ecstatic/present".

And yes again Kumar thank the Lord for smart phones.

I have a $20 flip phone right now even though my 1st cell phone was in 1993 at$300/month.

All-the-time access to AYP stuff will be heaven for a lot of us with smart phones and web access.

Edited by - BillinL.A. on May 03 2015 9:24:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  9:31:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BillinL.A.- Exactly my sentiments. Something about Yogani's voice, I'm mesmerized . My kids fell asleep to the Bhakti audio book last night. Now I see why he wants to stay anonymous .
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  4:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Sunyata, that must be it - Yogani chose to stay anonymous to avoid multitudes of kids clamouring to have bed-time stories read by him.

I was surprised too.
I remember listening to a few interviews with Yogani on Youtube a while ago. I did enjoy them, but the experience was nothing like listening to him now reading the audiobooks - the heart expands and expands. For the fist time I've really wondered what it would be like to be in his presence. The beauty of it is that I got an answer - I feel I know what it would be like to be in his presence. I just know it inside.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 05 2015 :  01:39:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Yogani chose to stay anonymous to avoid multitudes of kids clamouring to have bed-time stories read by him.

LOL
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 12 2015 :  06:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I downloaded all of Yogani's audiobooks on an old iPhone some years ago, so I can listen to them on-the-go. I do find that his reading adds to the experience. But then I get "high" from reading the lessons on this website...
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 12 2015 :  09:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Yes Sunyata, that must be it - Yogani chose to stay anonymous to avoid multitudes of kids clamouring to have bed-time stories read by him.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000