Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Overall practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

colours

Sweden
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  10:37:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I've been doing meditation for about seven years, and AYP deep meditation for maybe 3-4 years. Though the last years it have not been very regular. I have been meditating twice a day in periods... Maybe for one-two months and then stopped meditating for a few months and then started again. I have read the main lessons until about lesson 300, have also been doing other techniques now and then (all techniques up to kechari... And tried some of the next techniques up to the summary of practices). Have also ordered three of Yoganis books in paperback :-)
My question is where to land in all this? Should I keep doing deep meditation when I feel like it? Should I start from the beginning when I have a brake for some months or longer?
It happens for me that I take on too much, and then find myself having to stop practice for some time, start again doing shorter meditation sessions, etc.
I don't know if I believe in meditation and yoga as much as I did before, but know I have reached enlightenment in this life and maybe also in previous life's... Is it a waste to keep meditating when having reached enlightenment? I mean the insight of enlightenment... :-)
Feels like I have more questions, but I'll stop here for now.
Comments and answers are appreciated!
/colours

Edited by - colours on Oct 03 2014 12:33:52 PM

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  1:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
but know I have reached enlightenment in this life and maybe also in previous life's... Is it a waste to keep meditating when having reached enlightenment? I mean the insight of enlightenment.

Please explain what this means!
Go to Top of Page

colours

Sweden
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  1:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, for about four years ago I had this expansion of consciousness. I did not know at the time, but someone pointed at enlightenment. It was like "aha, of course." Later the same person meant me being enlightened, and that such a being could return to rebirth. I don't know about this, but he also wanted me to know about Jesus... That I might be him in a new body.
Don't need anyone to really believe me in this... But I believe in enlightenment and that it is not so far away as one might think. It is not such a big deal, really
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  2:20:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds to me you have it all figured out. Sit whenever you get the itch to do it and not a second more!

Edited by - Dogboy on Oct 03 2014 2:41:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

colours

Sweden
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  11:06:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. For now I try to meditate twice each day.
/colours
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  1:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by colours
...he also wanted me to know about Jesus... That I might be him in a new body.

Hi colours,

That is perhaps for most a strange way of thinking of or seeing Jesus. For me it is a fresh realization. Only last Thursday night, I was with a spiritual teacher, watching and listening, and in my gaze, he was transfigured into another form of Jesus when he was quoting the words of the risen Jesus according to John's gospel saying:

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."

He looked old and wise and luminous. The vision did what the words said: there was an impartation of a kind of peace that comes from hidden mystery revealed.

With those words, he led us into a twenty minute silent sit. Paradise.

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  4:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
there's no end to enlightenment. there's always more. keep practicing
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2014 :  05:40:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Colours,

Regular, consistent practice of meditation is to bring you not just a glimpse of "enlightenment" but to enable you to live it 24 hrs a day. There is much more to "Enlightenment" than experiencing an expansion of consciousness during a sitting. The definition of enlightenment itself varies from person to person. For some it is a destination, for others it is a journey towards more "light".

I would say it is best that you stick to one form of practice such as AYP and keep going.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

colours

Sweden
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  3:13:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
bewell: Hello. Yes, it is not very common to have these thoughts about Jesus, I would think. What do you mean by this:
"For me it is a fresh realization."
Was my message this, or do you have the same relationship to Jesus as me?
Thanks for sharing!

tonightsthenight: I would think so also :) thanks.

Sey: Hi. I would say I live it 24 hours a day since 2010 :) but I also think that there is always more, so to speak :) do you have the same experience?

/colours
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  01:39:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't just get it--give it away! An outpouring of divine love. Stillness flowing. Charity, good will, creativity, ingenuity...have you exhausted all of these avenues? You must be a super-duper master to sit so high atop the mountain of the enlightened.
Go to Top of Page

colours

Sweden
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  09:42:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After reading the lessons I get inspired, yes :) don't know if I'm a super-duper master, though ;) it is mostly thoughts about enlightenment I would think. Who knows what is right... I will try to keep practicing anyways.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  10:56:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, for me, it's been important to remember that the full spectrum involves both inward and outward ways (like karma and bhakti yoga). "Multi-channeled" efforts is a term I think Yogani uses to describe the wholeness.
Go to Top of Page

colours

Sweden
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  3:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is important too :)
/colours
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  11:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

bewell: Hello. Yes, it is not very common to have these thoughts about Jesus, I would think. What do you mean by this:
"For me it is a fresh realization."
Was my message this, or do you have the same relationship to Jesus as me?

Hi colors,

Nobody has ever said that in their spiritual discernment, they see me as Jesus in a new form.

However, I have seen another person as Jesus for me... a man, as he was quoting the words of Jesus: "My peace I give to you..."

There was a shift in my vision of him while it happened. I saw an aura of light.
I also felt peace.
Go to Top of Page

colours

Sweden
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  1:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bewell, interesting, thanks for sharing :)
Can you explain this in other words (English is not my main language...):
"Nobody has ever said that in their spiritual discernment"
/colours
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  5:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
"that in their spiritual discernment"

Hi colors,

I'll try to explain:

When the man wanted you to know about Jesus because he thought you might be Jesus in another form, that was his "spiritual discernment" of you -- how he saw you in the spirit realm and how you impacted him.

Does that make sense?

Go to Top of Page

colours

Sweden
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2014 :  4:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
bewell, yes that makes sense. Thanks for explaining. During the same time someone else asked me if I was Jesus also, and someone asked me if I had reached enlightenment. But only through internet, through a forum. Interesting to hear that someone else has the same experience... :-) Wonder who might be the real Jesus... He he ;-)
/colours
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2014 :  01:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All of us?

Sey
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2014 :  1:39:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The man who was the face of Jesus for me two weeks ago was Laurence Freeman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Freeman
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2014 :  11:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi colours

Good to see you here

It's really good that you acknowledge your progression on the path I would like to say like some others who responded here that it is so important to experience what is experienced by you and then let it go and continue on the path. Because there is always so much more to open up to! When a seed begins sprouting it doesn't say "now I have sprouted and that's it, I am at the end of the road", it keeps on growing seamlessly. Like the seed we each are at different places on our path and always there is more to grow into/die into/ change form into. Always growing and always there! So what I am saying is whether you have reached an experience of elightenment, or think you have, doesn't matter which one -- keep going! always more

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

colours

Sweden
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  4:46:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sey: yes, if we see the source in Jesus as the source of all... :)
bewell: I have met someone that I feel might be a known spiritual person in a new form, I think I know the feeling.
Yonatan: I agree, always more
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000