Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Pounding heart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2014 :  02:04:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
First, for years, it was a feeling of my gut filling with air when I meditated. I got some advice on it here and so it was fine (mostly Shanti and Yogani but many others also.)
The last few months though, my heart begins to pound when I meditate. Sometimes it goes away after a few minutes, sometimes it doesn't? I keep wondering if it's beating like that all the time (I have heart disease) and I just don't notice or is it meditation driven? Something tells me it's the latter.
Oh well, no worries--- as they say in the land of frets--- I guess it will pass or I will:)
Love some 'happy' advice it if any, AND I still resist going to meditate! Dang what's up with that Yo:)
Love to all the wonderful peeps that have helped me in the past on AYP.
I get soooooo caught up in the world sometimes, I see only black hearts and braggarts. All this can slip away sooooooooooooo easily.

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2014 :  2:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, first thing that comes to mind is that your heart is melting, which is a very good thing. I've experienced many times the heart beat speeding up then slowing down, as well as a rapid change of temperature. All part of purification and opening.

I'm wishing for it to turn pleasurable for you.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2014 :  5:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The other day I had heart palpitations. It was odd. I had not had that problem for a long time. I reflected on possible causes. That extra cup of coffee may have contributed.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2208 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2014 :  9:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Imaher,

As you have a heart condition, I am assuming you are under doctors care. If you haven't had these palpitations checked out recently, it would be prudent to do so. That said, I believe Bodhi is on the right track, that it is related to purification. I too experienced a week of palpitations (months ago) that culminated in a session of writhing on the floor, automatic breathing and weeping. It was a major catharsis, as you can imagine! My sits have been smooth and uneventful since then. I don't have a heart condition though, so be cautious and seek medical clearance. Keep us posted and good luck!
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  04:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your input guys. But I have no idea what a heart opening means or what the ramifications are? I know I like average, struggling or good people much more than ever. Sadly though, I have an even bigger aversion to manipulators, selfish schemers. Very hard to be around them. I guess I was always an upfront and quick to anger when provoked past a point sort of guy. I suppose that made people want to manipulate or play it on the sly with me and then lie about it later. My fault really, I guess I was easily suckered, thinking NO ONE would purposely be so 'evil.'
Lot's of house cleaning to do!
Hope my heart opens in a good way. I'd sure love to enjoy whatever I have left.
Thank you all.
Larry
Go to Top of Page

Ayiram

88 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  06:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ayiram's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

hello Imaher,

now, there´s a very good Yogani´s lesson on heart opening and service: http://www.aypsite.org/228.html if you´re interested.

you know, just keep doing your daily meditation practice and everything will little by little fall into its place... you will see in time that You are not any of those things you think you are now,and the same will be appliable on how you´ll be seeing other people. it all boils down to the fact that all of us just carry around many woundes on our subtle bodies and yearn for LOVE. so being a "selfish schemer" is just one way of expressing it. no one is better or worse. under the surface we are all the same, it´s just the level of consciousness and according that the willingness to let things go that don´t serve us anymore, that we momentarily differ on.

keep this faith in your heart that you´ll heal, do your daily meditation practice and everything will change. everything is changing already .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000