Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Crap Food
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zlarp

Switzerland
46 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  4:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So, hello everybody. You don't know me much... yet. I plan on being active on these forums, though, since I like this place. I'm not an AYP practitioner, but I'm doing Kriya Yoga, which I've been doing for four months now to some effects. I've also, with the permission of my guru, snatched the deep meditation technique explained here and replaced my original meditation technique, which I've been performing badly and couldn't get the hang of.

I've been reaping the benefits of the practice lately. After about 3 months of practice 2 hours a day without much effect on my well being (though I could feel the good effects of the practice in other aspects of my life, such as concentration) I've recently had a breakthrough, probably because I was finally able to let go of my ex girlfriend. I've been experiencing what you guys are probably referring to when you say "ecstatic" and "blissful" feelings. I've been having these things on and off throughout the day. Sometimes even with some bursts of energy, though these are sadly a bit rarer than the good feelings. (I could use some of that energy right now for university work...)

But as I said, those things are just on and off. But I do feel like I'm changing. I am drinking a lot more water and only just now I realized that the good feelings often seem to disappear when I've been eating crappy sugary or fat food, instant pasta with lots of cheese and thelikes. In fact, I'm feeling very nauseous right now after just such a meal and the great feelings I started the day with have disappeared. I'm beginning to put the puzzle together and figured it might be a good question to ask.

Could it be that I'm suddenly a lot more sensitive to what I eat? Things like this never used to bother me - I'm a slim person and I could always eat whatever I wanted, but this might be changing. I just didn't expect such a change to come so rapidly and unexpectedly. It's as if someone suddenly turned the "mystical experience" switch in my brain from the off to the on position and everything's different now. (Which happened before after my divorce, which got me onto my spiritual path to begin with and then went away again)

I've also been experiencing wet dreams recently, which never happened before, even through my other celibate times. Could these also be triggered by bad food? I'd be grateful for everyone's experiences with this. I guess I'll be eating a lot more plain white rice and veggies from now on, since those seem to be the things my body craves. I definitely don't react too well to my old favorites anymore... Yeuch... gonna lie down now... wish me a dry night, brothers and sisters, bwahaha

Edited by - Zlarp on Jan 18 2014 4:03:25 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000