Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Free from sexual thoughts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Orahmax

India
13 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2013 :  06:12:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I would like to know what does it feel like to be free from sexual thoughts or yearnings?

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2013 :  08:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't have a clue Orahmax!
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2013 :  08:40:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just noticed that mattb23 has a thread in which chinmayo talks about a "reboot program" in the link of mattb23's first post.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13546

Chinmayo highly recommends it.

I'm gonna check it out later.

Edited by - BillinL.A. on Nov 28 2013 08:41:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2013 :  09:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It feels like the same when you have no wish to eat something or no wish to listen to music or no wish to do or think about anything.

And friend, where is the problem of sexual thoughts and feelings, they are part of the body-mind, natural and healthy. Let them be, let them flow, all fine. Keep up the spiritual practice, then you will also feel and see that it is really allowed and good as it is and happens.

Peace friend, no worry :)
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2013 :  10:08:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What Holy said.

In the school to which I belong (Heart of Yoga) as well as AYP, it's not a matter of being "free of sexual thoughts or feelings" but rather, free of the attachment to them. This also, of course, means being free of negative attachment/aversion. Sexuality is a manifestation of kundalini and is a wonderful part of our embodied spirituality, whether celebrated in tantric embrace with one's partner, or channeled into our solo meditation in siddhasana - either way, an offering to the Divine. Through bhakti, everything in our life becomes an offering, including sex.

Once you get to the place in meditation practice that makes ordinary sex boring by comparison (and you will!) it becomes a non-issue. In time, the inner ecstasy of Shiva and Shakti uniting within you is so great that the desire for external stimuli falls away. Nothing to worry about. Just continue the yoga practice.
Go to Top of Page

chinmayo

Finland
67 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  6:44:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Freedom of sexual thoughts is a state where you can direct your energy to other things, nothing spectacular in itself. One less attachment as it could be said. It is also nice to be able to appreciate human contact in different manner in which you have no intention to take it sexual in the normal sense but to just enjoy the energy exchange in whatever form it comes. Appreciation of the touch in a way. Healing!

But, at least for me, it doesn't mean that sexuality itself disappears. It is still there and it is as possible as ever to express sexuality, fantasize and even enjoy sex if it is wanted. Just that it isn't the primus motor behind the thoughts and actions.

Blessed love!

Edited by - chinmayo on Dec 01 2013 12:12:50 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000