Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 James Swartz
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snake

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  07:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Im finding James way of expressing Vedanta excellent combined with the AYP practices.
website has a lot of free materiel.has anyone been to any of his talks or find him helpful also?
www.shiningworld.com

Edited by - snake on Oct 29 2013 07:05:45 AM

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  07:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Snake,

I love James Schwartz's teaching, it's been deeply helpful and freeing here.

I haven't been to his talks, but I have his book and have read much of his website.

Best wishes,

josh
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  11:33:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Josh,
Thankyou for that,good to know that he's helped you,I'm watching the self enquiry series he did since yesterday,about 20 hours or so and its
very helpful.
good wishes to you
Chris
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  12:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool I'll check out the videos, thanks for the rec!
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  1:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Read his book "How to get enlightened" about a year ago. After that, I was in email contact with him briefly - his guru was Swami Chinmayananda, whom I deeply revere. Thus, I felt an instant bond with this brother-disciple. However, the tone of James' emails did not quite "gel" with his writings/teachings..

His book is excellent however - a distillation of Swami Chinmayananda's main teachings of Vedanta that is particularly appealing to a western audience.

Yogani has advised me many times - take the grain, let the chaff go. And so it has been with many teachers that have come into my life, taught me what I needed, and left. Along these lines, I'm immensely grateful to James.

Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  2:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Kami,
yes i do intend to take the grain and yes there is always plenty of chaff:)
cheers
chris
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000