Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Red meat by mistake 2 consecutive days!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  08:37:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
for many years i have been vegetarian....in 2012 i had a very severe overload so i had no choice but to eat chicken ...it was the tool i was delaying its usage the most

currently only when i have few days of overload i consume some chicken, otherwise i stick to a vegetarian diet...but one thing is for sure that since i was a kid i never liked red meat

yesterday i ordered my lunch ...i had the wrong food delivery it was red meat..but i had to eat it cause there was no time to make another order plus i had a busy afternoon ahead

today i ordered my lunch from another place (yesterday restaurant is closed for few days as summer break) and guess what? i also had a wrong food delivery with the same kind of red meat recipe...the same recipe!!!!also i had to eat it cause i did not have the time to order a new dish and i have to teach later on a hatha yoga class

i really was chocked,disgusted and amused at the same time.He is really laughing at me big time (LOL).....time to drop some additional identities and labels for ex:
i am vegeterian
i am a yogi practitioner
i teach hatha yoga

quite frankly i dont know what i am anymore :)

much Love

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  10:04:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing this, Maheswari. I can relate to not knowing. I can relate to identified attachments. I can relate to overload.
Go to Top of Page

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2023 :  11:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Helllo Maheswari,
mhh the same thing happened twice in 2 days, in two different restaurants ? I would definitely recognize a sign of the divine here, delivering a message for you. Maybe you are lacking of some nutriments (proteins, iron ?) and the Universe advise you to eat some meat. Just offer a prayer to those animals being killed and deeply enjoy your food as you would normally do.
Love, Niels
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4377 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  07:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maheshwari,

Ram Das once said "If you can put anything after the words "I am...", then you still have work to do."

In Asia, many yogis actually eat meat every day. I am in Thailand right now, and all the Buddhist monks eat meat. It is almost impossible for them to be vegetarians, because one of the vows they take is to accept all food that is given to them, and most of the food offered to them has meat in it. They can refuse to accept meat if they think that the animal was slaughtered especially for them, but they would have to have a genuine reason to believe that is the case.

In Tibet and Nepal also, most Buddhist monks and nuns eat meat. There is no requirement to be a vegetarian to practice, or teach, yoga.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000