Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 UK AYP retreat December 2013
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  08:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys,

Several people now have asked me if I would be willing to run another AYP weekend retreat at Holycombe at the end of the year.

So it is now scheduled for 13th to 15th December.

If you are interested in coming or know anyone who would like to come let me know in this topic or E-Mail Me

Christi

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  10:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bravo, people really love your retreats, Christi!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  04:47:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

The U.K. December retreat starts tomorrow. Here are the meditation sitting times for anyone wishing to join in the meditation sessions at home:

Friday 5.30-6.30pm

Saturday 7.00-8.00am , 10.30am-12.00 noon and 5.30-6.00pm

Sunday 7.00-8.00 am and 11.00- 12.00 noon.

Timings are GMT

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  08:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting the meditation times.
Will try to join in for one.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  12:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Here are the meditation sitting times for anyone wishing to join in the meditation sessions at home:

Friday 5.30-6.30pm

Not sure if anyone wants to join in... but this session starts in 30 min
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  11:03:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great idea on posting the times. I too will see if I can match one of them.

Wishing you a great retreat Christi and all those taking part.
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  06:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi, and everyone who attended. It was a lovely first retreat, and I feel much better for having spent a few days with you all.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  6:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jack,

Glad you could make it, it was great having you there!

And it was great having such an enthusiastic group of dedicated practitioners. Almost everyone was present for every class and it was an intensive programme. When people are serious about the yoga I often end up teaching more, and that certainly happened this weekend!

And thanks Shanti for joining us in spirit!

Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  7:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are definite changes since the retreat.

I saw my parents earlier today. With the presence of Witnessing, there was some kind of time-trip healing in which the beauty of now met with stored memories of my parents, whilst looking at them. Very much, it is like walking in the shadow of death in the sense that there is a viewpoint opened through which to really appreciate life.

I went out this evening at my colleagues were having a christmas celebration. I felt not-so-great about taking any alcohol or meat. I had both but there was no desire for it. I had more to drink due to peer pressure, but still I felt little desire to fall into the shenanigans. I just wanted to be Home. I think committing to this lifestyle may involve a few sacrifices.

I remember everyone drunkenly singing along to a song going "I can't get no satisfaction". I remember thinking "I can" and being quite impassive to the whole thing.!!

It makes me especially value the company of people who value silence - there seem to be few - so thank you again. Time for some sobriety and twice-daily sitting.

Additionally, my personal relationship seems to have resolved, somewhat. There is less pressure to perform mental gymnastics to reach a decision or conclusion. Just an open heart.

OK, rant enough. More water, sleep, and sobriety :)
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  11:08:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jack,

Yes, everything changes with the rise of the witness.

Good to hear things are going well.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  06:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again for a great retreat Christi. It was inspirational to hear your experiences and stories. I feel very blessed and graced that the UK retreats happen so regularly and distancewise conveniently for me that I can attend. The presence of all the great yogis and yoginis helps of course. Deedee's food full of nature's goodness and insight into that wisdom from the far far away past that organic food subtely carries was a bonus as always.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000