Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini & family
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Caramia

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  07:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I am looking for perspectives on whether I may be experiencing kundalini rising / awakening & if so, I am after some real life examples on how Kundalini rising can effect the loved ones around you.

I am happily married with two young daughters. I have been practicing yoga for 13 years. I became interested in the Buddhist philosophy about 4 years ago and attended a meditation group, which was lead by spiritual teacher. Meditation came really easily for me, I could attain quite deep, blissful, free of thought states early on in my practice.Two months into the regular meditation practice, I felt a disconnection from my body and an explosion of bright white light in my head. For days following this, the base of my skull felt like it had been fried by an electrical current & I felt intense pressure at my forehead & I was also raging with so much anger ( this was awful because I'm normally pretty chilled) - I gave the meditation up - but for a while after my head remained completely free of thoughts. It was bit frightening at the time but I haven't thought too much about it since.

About 4 months down the track, i woke up one night to the world spinning. I spent the following three weeks in bed with severe vertigo, disorientation and confusion. The symptoms reduced in severity but I have suffered with this vertigo on and off ever since. I have had MRI's, ENT tests, allergy tests, blood tests, given up gluten ....the works to no avail. I have found that swimming laps is the best way to reduce the severity of the symptoms when they arise.

Since the bright light episode I have had periods of bliss, anger, emotional turmoil, brain fog, memory loss, disorientated and disconnected. I have meditated a handful of times since the episode, but I make sure it is very gentle and heart focused and ending within 15 minutes or so. The mediation always brings a feeling of bliss and serenity.

Recently, I have began to wonder whether the white light experience could be connected to the vertigo, confusion, disorientation etc. Google suggests it may be a kundalini premature awakening - however I haven't really noticed the energy surges that other people experience. Do you think this could by kundalini? Or is it unlikely without the currents of energy?

If it is, I am open to the idea of going with it and listening to my intuition as a guide( as it appears there's no alternative...) but I worry that I may be become unrecognisable to my loved ones. How drastic are these spiritual changes? I have to admit hearing stories of people compelled to discard their former lives during their awakening has me worried. I obviously have commitments to my children to stay stable and together & i have married a man who would probably be a bit concerned if I turned into a nutcase....! Apologies if my fears are way off the mark- I guess I have absolutely no idea what's in store for my family and am fearing the worst.

Am interested in your perspectives.

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  08:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Caramia

It sounds like you have had a kundalini awakening and need some self
pacing to get through the stage that you are in.

This lesson has some great pointers:

http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

I wouldn't worry about the electrical shocks that people talk about. I've never had them, but kundalini is very much working over here.

With regards to your family I wouldn't worry about that either. Just keep meditating. I don't understand those people who abandon their family to pursue a spiritual path. It's a bit ironic because all life is spiritual - it's just a matter of perspective. So whether you are in suburbia with family, or alone in a cave I don't think it will have much affect on your practice or vice-versa. In fact your relationship with family will get even better.

I think having family around you is great for yoga too: Bhakti and Karma yoga. Plus it is very grounding also!

All the best!

Edited by - woosa on May 07 2013 08:21:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Caramia

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  6:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks woosa for the useful link & the reassurance!
Much appreciated.
Cara
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  11:20:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Caramia

About 4 months down the track, i woke up one night to the world spinning. I spent the following three weeks in bed with severe vertigo, disorientation and confusion. The symptoms reduced in severity but I have suffered with this vertigo on and off ever since. I have had MRI's, ENT tests, allergy tests, blood tests, given up gluten ....the works to no avail. I have found that swimming laps is the best way to reduce the severity of the symptoms when they arise.

I have had those same symptoms. For me it was all before I started AYP. I woke up the world is spinning a brownish color, vomiting just not a pleasent experience. Afterwards I had trouble with my memory. Short-term memomry loss, I would get sick watching cars drive by, or watching certain things on tv. After that went away I had uncontrolable sweating in my armpits. I had an mri, went to nuerologist and cardiologist. They found nothing. The first time it happened the symptoms were not so bad. It was the second episode that kicked me pretty hard.

For me, my best guess was dehydration. Pedialight is the best or coconut water .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000