Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 New AYP class in Sebastopol, California
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  7:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I will be teaching a weekly class on AYP at the Yoga Studio Ganesha ( www.yogastudioganesha.com ) in Sebastopol California on friday evenings from 6-7pm. First class will be on May 10 with the intro class free. This will be my first time teaching AYP after 9 years of daily AYP practice and 32 years overall yoga practice.Although I am experienced in teaching asana this is a much different teaching challenge. Not sure how it will go but it is time. If you are in the North SF Bay area please come by!

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  9:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds great! Will visit when I am in the area. Please keep us updated on how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  2:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Only had 2 students for the first class ( one was my brother). Studio owner said that several were interested but were intimidated by the word "advanced". I assured her to tell her students that all levels are welcome. Today is the second class. Will see how it goes. I am honestly not concerned with promoting lots of students. If a few like it and tell their friends it is good enough for me.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  5:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many great things have only started with one or two. AYP is easy to understand and gives quick results. I am sure the word will quickly spread.

Thank you for the update
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  5:59:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor,

I ran into the same problem with the use of the word "advanced" in my classes. I eventually started using "AYP" as an acronym instead of "Advanced Yoga Practices" and this helped some.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - May 18 2013 :  2:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The one student returned yesterday. She was interested and wanted to continue. She browsed this website and asked a few questions that were easily answered in the lessons. She hadn't checked the lessons yet so i sent her there. It seems like a good if small start. This student seems smart, focused and attentive. The kind of student one would like to have.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - May 19 2013 :  9:39:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good Luck Victor. Wish you lived in the state I live. I would've been a regular student.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - May 19 2013 :  9:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How about Perth Australia please???
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - May 26 2013 :  12:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor, it's a great thing for people that you are teaching AYP now! I'm sure your years of yoga experience and expertise in AYP will eventually attract many who are sincere in spiritual cultivation. It might start slow, but it will expand. I'm speaking of this from my own experience in teaching AYP here in Shanghai.

After getting the PHD (interpreted by some to be permament head demage), I went to Shanghai, I didn't want to do anything with the academia. So my only choice is to teach AYP to make a living. My first call for students didn't get much responses....I had to postpone it...the second time I called, I got three students, one of them my roomate....but the good words about AYP gradually spread,and now I am having the second round of Level 1 AYP class. And in this life, I only had three and half years of AYP under my belt....it only takes a little time...

Go to Top of Page

Gsharma12

India
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  07:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gsharma12's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In this post very good information and I like it so thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000