Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Inner Fire
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  11:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Sometimes, I feel my inner fire to be overwhelming. Any suggestions?

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  12:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you mean that literally or metaphorically? Are you talking about raging, overwhelming bhakti or do you literally feel like you're burning up?
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  1:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by whippoorwill

Do you mean that literally or metaphorically? Are you talking about raging, overwhelming bhakti or do you literally feel like you're burning up?

Basically, I'm dealing with too many contents within consciousness because there is too much fire involved with dealing with the signals from the subtle-body. It isn't that my body is burning. My body is doing quite well; it is that my mind area is a bit under seige, so to speak.

Edited by - Goodway on Feb 28 2013 1:21:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

NJL

31 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  5:39:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think i know what you mean.

Like there's this constant fire burning inside, cleaning things out, full of bahkti and bliss and desire to serve others, which is all good, but at the same time, it's not tranquil, even though inner silence is present. Like you can resolve or bypass thoughts and feelings quite well, but they are coming so fast that you can't just rest in the silence, you're always working. Or something, haha.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  6:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Goodway,

By "signals", do you mean astral activity or subtle energy/vibrations impacting issues/fears in the mind?

Regards, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  11:53:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by NJL

I think i know what you mean.

Like there's this constant fire burning inside, cleaning things out, full of bahkti and bliss and desire to serve others, which is all good, but at the same time, it's not tranquil, even though inner silence is present. Like you can resolve or bypass thoughts and feelings quite well, but they are coming so fast that you can't just rest in the silence, you're always working. Or something, haha.

Yeah, that describes it pretty succinctly. It isn't much fun having one's head in an oven.

quote:
By "signals", do you mean astral activity or subtle energy/vibrations impacting issues/fears in the mind?

Basically, when I am dealing with my psyche it can either be too fast with which to deal or it can repetitive and useless. I've dealt with a lot of my unconscious psyche and, at this point, it just seems like major overkill. Shortly after I asked this question, I went into a samadhi, but not long after I was, again, dealing with not only annoying contents in my psyche but useless contents, as mentioned. These contents seem to be this way because I am releasing fear, guilt, and shame. I feel like this shows a real progression because these things have been a major stumbling block for me. However, I'd still like a bit of help if any can be offered.

Edited by - Goodway on Mar 02 2013 12:38:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

NJL

31 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  1:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have any advice because I am in a similar position at this moment.

I would like to put this excessive fire to good use rather than letting the purification get out of hand (in terms of things coming up, not in the sense that I'm dealing with negative effects), and of course I try to channel it into my daily activity. However, that doesn't seem to be "good" enough, haha.

Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  2:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by NJL

I don't have any advice because I am in a similar position at this moment.

I would like to put this excessive fire to good use rather than letting the purification get out of hand (in terms of things coming up, not in the sense that I'm dealing with negative effects), and of course I try to channel it into my daily activity. However, that doesn't seem to be "good" enough, haha.

Yeah, ain't that how it always is! ;)
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  4:19:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Goodway:

Do you have a structured daily meditation practice for cultivating abiding inner silence/witness? This can go a long way toward reducing the angst and identification with our inner and outer dramas.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  8:23:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi Goodway:

Do you have a structured daily meditation practice for cultivating abiding inner silence/witness? This can go a long way toward reducing the angst and identification with our inner and outer dramas.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Yeah, I've meditated so much over the years that meditation, in and of itself, isn't so helpful. My samadhis are something that, for the most part, now, arise on their own accord. It really seems that light thinking in respect to subtle body visualization and relatively tame types of chakra study are more helpful.

Go to Top of Page

KundaliniTherapist

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  09:51:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit KundaliniTherapist's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Goodway
it is my experience with the kundalini process that it opens our unconscious mind (that was safely shut away before) and releases content from there that we could not and would not have want to deal with before.
These can be traumatic experiences that are hard to process but it also brings up a lot of guilt and shame that we could not acknowledge when we were still on a lower level so to speak.
Now with more happiness and love arising in our mind we also feel shame and guilt about what we may have done before.
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  10:27:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by KundaliniTherapist

Hi Goodway
it is my experience with the kundalini process that it opens our unconscious mind (that was safely shut away before) and releases content from there that we could not and would not have want to deal with before.
These can be traumatic experiences that are hard to process but it also brings up a lot of guilt and shame that we could not acknowledge when we were still on a lower level so to speak.
Now with more happiness and love arising in our mind we also feel shame and guilt about what we may have done before.

I'd agree with you, if you were actually in resonance of the actual problem. It is highly unwise to blame the victim. It is tantamount to saying, "Look there at your pain! It is your karma! Those people that did all those terrible things to you are your fault, and your fault alone."

Edited by - Goodway on Mar 04 2013 10:53:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

KundaliniTherapist

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  12:26:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit KundaliniTherapist's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Goodway
how did you get the idea of karma and 'blaming the victim'? I did not say anything into that direction.

What I am saying is that once we are on a higher, more loving level, we may remember hurtful things we have done to others in the past and feel guilt and shame. It's a good sign, a sign that we have deeper compassion.

The Buddhist approach to karma is always is the way of generating more compassion. When we see someone who is suffering we do not say. 'too bad - it's your karma'. Instead we try to help that person.

Hope this clarifies it.
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  2:35:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by KundaliniTherapist

Hi Goodway
how did you get the idea of karma and 'blaming the victim'? I did not say anything into that direction.

What I am saying is that once we are on a higher, more loving level, we may remember hurtful things we have done to others in the past and feel guilt and shame. It's a good sign, a sign that we have deeper compassion.

The Buddhist approach to karma is always is the way of generating more compassion. When we see someone who is suffering we do not say. 'too bad - it's your karma'. Instead we try to help that person.

Hope this clarifies it.

Sigh. I knew you before you ever arrived! ;)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000