New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  11:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti and All:

It is a wonderful idea and I wish you all the best in your group meditation(s). It will be best if I stay on the sidelines and bathe in your waves of bliss. Thank you for that!

You are illuminating the world with the light of your inner silence -- the natural outcome of your individual and collective practice. Everyone on the planet will benefit.

The guru is in you ... Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  3:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So not sure how everyone is scheduling practices. i generally do 15 minutes of pranayama followed 15 minutes of mditation so I will probably be pranayaming while while some of you are mantrizing. What is everyone elses routine?
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  3:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All

My suggestion is again: Let's keep it simple. Everyone does what they normally do. No new routine is needed for this.

My routine....

Due to intense ecstacy/energy surges several hours every day I have for several weeks/months now only done 2-3 min of Pranayama and 5-7 min of meditation. Twice a day.

Some days I can only do 2 min of each....

Some days the energy is so strong in the afternoon/evenings that I simply cannot meditate and remain in my body. So I walk instead.

So. My plan is to start with Pranayama for 3 min and then proceed with deep meditation up to 10 min. I will know soon enough if that is too much. I'll report later.

Let's enjoy this

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  4:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perfect. Lets do exactly what we always do. Don't change anything. So if it is 5 min meditation or 30 min meditation.. just stick to what is your regular routine. Sorry for the confusion.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  4:15:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Not to butt in, but while routines can be kept according individual schedule, the group effect can be optimized by all beginning the meditation part of the routine at the same time. It's not mandatory, of course. Just some input for those who are interested in optimizing the group effect.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  4:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i agree with yogani on that. since many of us do pranayama first is it acceptable to ask that the mantra meditation start at 8:15?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  4:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for butting in Yogani.. very good point.. I had thought we were all going to start meditation at the appointed time.. so any other practice that you do before meditation would have been completed before that. OK.. so I should not assume any thing.. Its my first time.. so I hope I am forgiven. We will get this right.. by Sunday (I hope).
Now all of you decide and let us all know if we start meditation at the scheduled time.. or 15 min later as per Victor's request.. I know it is too early for Victor, and I am grateful he is going to join us..
We still have a day and a half to get this right...

Edited by - Shanti on Jun 30 2006 4:48:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  8:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
8:15 PDT mantra is fine. I'll do all my walking on broken glass, gargling with acid, piercings, self abuse, etc. before that.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  03:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is funny......I woke up in the middle of the night, from a thought that was trying to get through. When I finally awoke, I heard myself say:

"Everybody do their Pranayama or whatever and then "meet" for mantra meditation. This is the time you should agree on."

I alsmost got up to turn on my computer; but then it dawned on me that somebody else would be bound to think exactly the same. That was probably why I woke up

So - that's that. We all agree.

Go to Top of Page

elldibor

20 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  07:41:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit elldibor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hope late commers accepted.
May i join the group meditation?

On the technical side - would it not be wise to
attempt the group meditation after each one of us has
gone through her/his individual practices and had reached
the inner silence.

This sounds like the best common ground to meet on.

'Dare to know'
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  09:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK! so we are going to start mantra meditation at 8.15 am PT (USA), 9.15 am MT(USA), 10.15 am CT(USA), 11.15am ET(USA), 4.15pm Dublin time... 4.15 pm UK time..5.15 pm Norway time..

Ether.. do you practice spinal breathing while you are walking on broken glass, gargling with acid, piercings, self abuse...

Hi Elldibor,
Of course you may join... and please anyone else who would like to be a part of this group.. you don't have to ask. If you comfortable with it announce yourself.. if not just be a part of it silently.. either way is fine.
Elldibor I don't have a time for you.. since I don't see a city/country with your name. You are clear about the time right??

Just look here http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock then calculate the time difference between NY and your city/country... and then add/subtract it from 11.15 am.

quote:
Elldibor said:
On the technical side - would it not be wise to
attempt the group meditation after each one of us has
gone through her/his individual practices and had reached
the inner silence

During actual group meditations I have seen that when we all start together, the group goes in really deep real quick and the energy in the room in tremendous. So I think we will stick to the idea of everyone starting meditation together at the same time.
If however you feel you will be more comfortable starting off with meditation a little earlier, so that you are already in your inner silence by the time everyone else joins in, please do so. This is our first time, and we may change stuff around for the future meditation sessions. Thank you for joining us. See you on Sunday.

Edited by - Shanti on Jul 01 2006 09:53:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  09:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lets not get too technical Elldibor, I think we are all agreed that the group med starts at 15 minutes past the hour, what we do before then is up to the individual.

Our group intent should be quite enough to connect us, a total success is looming

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  10:33:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Then there are Poor Hong Kong people; 11PM sunday night; strange time to meditate!
Go to Top of Page

elldibor

20 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  2:07:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit elldibor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Hi Elldibor,
Of course you may join...

Elldibor I don't have a time for you.. since I don't see a city/country with your name. You are clear about the time right??

Hi Shanti,

Thanks I will join. Yes, I got my time it is GMT+2:00, i am in Sofia, Bulgaria.

quote:

Originally posted by azaz932001
Lets not get too technical Elldibor, I think we are all agreed that the group med starts at 15 minutes past the hour, what we do before then is up to the individual.

okie, Richard, just got entousiatic ,
15 minutes past the hour, as already agreed.

'Dare to know'
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  2:28:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ether, the only one from Hong Kong that I know of is Alvin, and he is having trouble sleeping anyway.. so maybe we should ask him to join us.. maybe that will knock him off to sleep real quick..
Alvin?

Great Elldibor, Thank you.. we will see you at 6.15pm your time (Sofia, Bulgaria).
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  3:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI everyone,

I will be there with bells on:-)

Babaly xx
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  3:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Am excited about this. Would love to see how different it would be from my daily meditations. So I will be "IAM"ing from 8:15 am onwards. I am in california, pacific time.

Thanks shanti again for setting this up.

-Near
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  10:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for joining us Babaly. See you tomorrow
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  11:48:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm curious as to what to expect from this. Several million people in the world meditate, so at any given moment we're joined in meditation by a whole bunch of other people.

I'm not trying to be a spoilsport; I'm not saying it's a bad or silly thing to do (if I'm around, I may join!). But I'm honestly unsure why remote meditation would be seen as a group activity. Is Yogani being literal when he says he'll bathe in our waves of bliss?

Sorry, I realize these are all naive questions. This is just an area I know nothing about. I guess those who've been part of meditation groups (David?) would know more....?
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the benefit to doing it at the same time can be very real. I don't have a woo-woo interpretation of why, though; I think the boost that comes is because it is then perceived as a community activity by the people doing it. The 'community' aspect of it can create a strong boost; the sense of the shared sacred can have a powerful effect on the human animal.

One could say that it is a 'psychological effect'; but in matters of meditation, what could be more real than a psychological effect? If it boosts your meditation, it boosts your meditation. And it certainly can.

Anyway, I'm in. See y'all at the appointed time.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jul 02 2006 12:23:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:41:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Makes sense.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  03:24:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all

Thanks Jim...for highlighting an issue that surfaced in me through this topic.

Last night I wanted to say "not to expect anything"....but didn't, because I was afraid I'd "spoil the happy spirit".

The way I see it, the group meditation is for the benefit of Silence. Silence through-out the world.

In order to do Silence justice, any expectation when it comes to "a better meditation experience"....or "wow....this should be really profound"....would spoil it for me. I just know that by expecting things to go deep, I would look for exactly that....and in this "looking"....I would miss out on Silence.

But that is me.
I don't know about you.

I agree with Dave that distance does not matter. I have experienced group meditations before. It can indeed enhance the meditation. But - for me that came as a nice surprise. It happened when I didn't expect it.

Soooo.....
I gues what I'm trying to say is again: I'll just stay with the mantra the way I usually do....forget all else....enjoy the Silence.....and then

I'll run to the computer and talk to you guys afterwards.

See ya

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  03:29:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry....I mean I agree with David (not Dave....)

Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  06:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone !

I will be joining in 5.15 PM Norwegian=Munich time

Later on I want to share a similar event that is planned to happen
on July 7th.
I will be posting information on that.

Love and Light
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  09:39:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Katrine, yes, I almost posted .. twice.. please don't expect anything.. but I held back.. did not want to dampen anyone's spirit..
Lets just meditate like we always do.. enjoy our inner silence like we always do.. and not expect anything or look for anything.

Thanks, Wolfgang, David and Jim (if you can make it) for joining us.
See you all in an hour and a half..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000