New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  10:39:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,

According to what I read about on group meditations from Wilder novel, there is a sentence in it. "The total group effect is somehow always more than the sum of individual effects".

Group meditations do more good, may be we might not experience that more. Just the way the meditation benifits happen, even if we dont experience them, even group meditations have a cumulative good effect is what I heard.

35 more mins to go...
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  11:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All

I made a new topic for the experiences of the AYP Group meditation:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1271

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine I just know that by expecting things to go deep, I would look for exactly that....and in this "looking"....I would miss out on Silence.

I've replied here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1273
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

Hi Jim,

According to what I read about on group meditations from Wilder novel, there is a sentence in it. "The total group effect is somehow always more than the sum of individual effects".

I very strongly agree that the more people meditating in the world, the better for the world, and that the sum is greater than the parts. But I believe Yogani was talking about the cumulative group effect, generally, rather than, like, a team of people meditating at any given time.

But I like David's reply!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  03:22:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all

I leave for the mountains in a couple of days, so I just thought I'd tell you that it is my intention to "Iam" every Sunday at 5:15 PM Norwegian time. (Same time as the last group meditation)

I don't have electricity up there - so I won't be communicating on the forum until about August 7th.

But I will be with you guys

I wish you all a summer seeped in Nature.

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  07:08:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm joining in late... for the next Sunday... but cripes this is, if I've worked it out right, 9.45 p.m Indian Standard Time; past my bed time (I crash in early). No, I'm not cribbing, only crying. OK, where's my halo... I'll sacrifice 45 mins of sleep this Sunday at the alter of the global silence effect zzzz.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  09:58:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sadhak,
Glad you will join us. I think you have got the time wrong.. since it is summer time here right now.. local time in India is 9:30 hours ahead of New York... I think your time will be 8.45pm. Now once our time changes in Oct. you will be at 9.45pm. But for now I think you can squeeze us in just before your bed time..
I hope you are not crying any more..
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  10:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meditation done properly is more rejuvenating than sleep.
But kudos for making the sacrifice!
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  05:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti, I'll postpone the crying till October. Who knows, by then, I may be unable to cry.

Etherfish, I think sometimes meditation works that way... but often I need the beaut sleep. Maybe it depends on how deep you go, and what sort of cleansing is happening.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  1:32:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just a reminder...
On Sunday we are going to start mantra meditation at
8.15 am PT (USA)
9.15 am MT(USA)
10.15 am CT(USA)
11.15am ET(USA)
11.15 am Toronto
4.15pm Dublin
4.15 pm UK
5.15 pm Norway
5.15pm Germany
6.15pm Sofia/Bulgaria
8.45pm India.

Going forward, unless there is a change in plan, we are going to stick to this time, every Sunday.
In October, once the time changes I will re calculate the time and post again.

Also, anyone else who would like to join in, please feel free to do so. If anyone is confused about the time, email me or post here and we can figure out the right time for you.

Thank you all for being a part of this. See all of you on Sunday....

Edited by - Shanti on Jul 06 2006 1:42:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  4:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi thanks for all this working out you are doing.

I think it worth mentioning that the world clock site can be personalised to give comparative local time in the countries of your choice so everyone who has access to a computer can do that quite easily. As everyone on this forum obviously has access to a computer they should all be able to work it out for themselves. I agree with you we should definitely keep this up its the start of something really big.

Love and Blessings for all your work

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  5:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Meditation done properly is more rejuvenating than sleep.
But kudos for making the sacrifice!

I wouldn't say that! I don't want to set people up with wrong expectations, or a sense that they have not done their meditation properly if it is not more rejuvenationg than sleep.

But kudos for making the sacrifice! Agreed on that!

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  8:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What I meant is quite a few times I have sacrificed sleep time for meditation, and definitely felt it was worth the trade-off. Of course it was done from a perspective of bhakti, not gritting my teeth and forcing it.

Where's Hong kong on that list?

Shanti, 666 posts; oh oh,
is there really a time zone that is not a whole number? I thought they were all whole numbers. That would be very confusing for travelers.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2006 :  09:37:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,
Please note Oct 29th we change from daylight savings time/summer time back to standard time.
Everyone keeps the same time.. the only place in our list that gets a new time is India.. moves to 9.45pm... Sorry Sadhak .. now, you may cry.. we are way past your bed time. And Ether.. your fear has now come true.. Hong Kong will now have to join us the next day.. 12.15 am..

Happy meditating all.. thanks for keeping this up. See you on Sunday.

8.15 am PT (USA)
9.15 am MT(USA)
10.15 am CT(USA)
11.15am ET(USA)
11.15 am Toronto
4.15pm Dublin
4.15 pm UK
5.15 pm Norway
5.15pm Germany
6.15pm Sofia/Bulgaria
9.45pm India. (effective 10/29/06 (mm/dd/yy))

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 05 2006 09:38:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  07:05:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reminder Shanti... I'd forgotten about the time change. As I said I may not need to cry by Oct ... my bedtime has moved a bit.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  5:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hello & Namaste All,

I'd like to join in -- and I'm not entirely sure I'm 100% clear on "protocol".

I think I have the time correct - 8:15am (aka "the middle of the night ....") in California, yes?

Now, per AYP practices, I usually follow the order of:

*Spinal Breathing
*Meditation
*Samyama

... for this group / endeavor - is it suggested that we be in, or at least beginning, silent meditation at the start time?

Or, is it better to be through meditation -- and ready for Samyama?

Or, if this is all kind of "unofficial", has anyone hade experiences, indicating best ways to proceed?

Anything else I should know?

Finally, I've seen healing referenced, for the "named" person -- how does this work (i.e. do we intend - via Samyama method - that their healing be realized? Or, do we just intend that Samyama intentions be directed to the recipient?).

Or something else, entirely .....?

;-)

"Finally, Finally" -- I admittedly kind of skimmed* the posts --- so if there is a basic overview which covers most or all of this info, please let me know.

*I'm out the door for a rendevous with a very attractive woman. The kind of rendevous involving warm, soapy water, sensuous massage, and interesting conversation. I'm sure most of you, at least, can identify with what I'm talking about .... though we have a colloquial phrase for it, in California .... it's called .....

.... getting a haircut.

;-)

Cheers & Namaste,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  7:22:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kirtanman,
Great.. we would love to have you with us.

You have to start mantra meditation at 8.15.. anything else you do before meditation like spinal breathing can be completed before 8.15

As for smayama healing.. I will quote Louis.. from this thread..

After your normal samyama, we add the name of the recipient...
"The word love is replaced by the name of the recipient.

The importance of doing this correctly is vital. It means the samyama is a very pure form of prayer that is safe both for the receiver and the giver. There is no manipulation of energies, just simply surrendering the intention into inner silence and let happen what is meant to happen. The intelligence of the inner silence will take care of it, we don't get involved in any actual healing."

Another good explanation here.. again from Louis..
"Actually the intention is not to direct anything to anyone, this is very important with samyama. By simply bringing the person into ones mind and then letting go into the silence it means that whatever will be, will be. If healing occurs, it occurs, if it doesn't it doesn't. There is no forcing and no directing of energy.

In this way some people might compare it more to a pure form of prayer, where everything is left to the universal love intelligence, God or whatever you name it."

Let us know if you'd like to be put on the Samyam healing recipient list..

Thanks for joining us... See ya tomorrow..

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 22 2006 12:29:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  09:27:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,
OK.. now I am faced with a problem here.. Tomorrow part of the world.. changes to DST.. and the other part does not. This affects our group...

This will be a problem for only 2 weeks.. we can then go back to our original times. March 25th is when the whole world changes to DST.. So for the 2 Sundays.. March 11th and March 18th.. we need to figure out what to do.

I have 2 option... Either I can change time for the US and Canada.. or I change time for Europe.. Below are the time changes..
I need input from the participant as to what I should do here. Sorry it is so last minute.. it did not even strike me earlier to figure this one out.. our previous time change was so smooth.. but now.....

Please everyone.. help me here.. else our group tomorrow will not work out. I need to know.. how many will be able to participate with option 1 and how many will be able to participate with option2.
Thanks all.

Option 1

8.15 am PT (USA)
9.15 am MT(USA)
10.15 am CT(USA)
11.15am ET(USA)
11.15 am Toronto
3.15pm Dublin (effective 03/11/07) (mm/dd/yy)
3.15 pm UK (effective 03/11/07) (mm/dd/yy)
4.15 pm Norway (effective 03/11/17) (mm/dd/yy)
4.15pm Germany (effective 03/11/07) (mm/dd/yy)
5.15pm Sofia/Bulgaria(effective 03/11/07 (mm/dd/yy)
8.45pm India. (effective 03/11/07 (mm/dd/yy))

Option 2
9.15 am PT (USA) effective (03/11/07) (mm/dd/yy)
10.15 am MT(USA) effective (03/11/07)
11.15 am CT(USA) effective (03/11/07)
12.15am ET(USA) effective (03/11/07)
12.15 am Toronto effective (03/11/07)

4.15pm Dublin
4.15 pm UK
5.15 pm Norway
5.15pm Germany
6.15pm Sofia/Bulgaria
9.45pm India.

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 10 2007 09:37:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  09:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta,

Thanks for making this effort on behalf of the group, I certainly never would have thought of it! I guess considering the timing I would vote for option 1.

thanks

A
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  09:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Andrew..

One more option..

Option 3.
Just for the 2 weeks we all compromise.. US/Canada starts a half hr late and Europe starts 1/2 hr early.. India will start at 9.15 pm (did not forget you Sadhak)I will post exact times if this is agreed on. We go back to our normal times on March 25th.

So now...
how many will be able to participate with option 1 and how many will be able to participate with option 2 and how many prefer option 3?
Thanks all.

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 10 2007 10:02:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  10:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta thanks for looking into this I had no idea it was happening as I am sure most hadn't.

I would vote for option 1. but I can adjust to anything soooo whatever the majority wants is OK with me
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  11:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta,

Thanks for all that work... I was actually trying to figure out whether the time has changed over again... am not able to meet the 9.45 pm time, so will join the group again at 8.45... as per what is decided. Two weeks here or there will make no difference to me.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  12:47:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta

Any variation suits me, and thanks for all the work.

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  12:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Any option ok for me
Go to Top of Page

Swami Vajra

42 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  2:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Swami Vajra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Entire sunday schedule is open, so whatever works out and is posted is just fine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000