Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 urine drinking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

was

India
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2012 :  07:16:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am a urine drinker. I take it first thing in the morning.I also drink lot of water in the morning too. I want to know the ideal time gap between the two i.e. urine & water.

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2012 :  10:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi was and welcome to the forums
here is the amaroli lesson
http://www.aypsite.org/319.html
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2012 :  10:31:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Was. Welcome to the forums. It is a good question that I couldn't find the answer to in the Easy Lessons. Maybe it is explained in the book 'Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli.' I find that leaving 10 minutes or so before any water or the first meal of the day should be enough time to not interfere with the benefits. I can't really see water interfering with it (it is water you are drinking after all) other than possibly diluting it too much, so it might help to wait a little. These are just my guesses as I am not sensitive to its effects in any way.

Thanks maheswari. Clearly my notes need improving, while my memory of the lessons still serves well enough

Edited by - AumNaturel on Dec 17 2012 10:39:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  7:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please pardon my ignorance on the topic of urine drinking. My only question is why would one choose to do so? I can understand if someone was lost at sea and unable to find anything to drink but salt laden sea water. Then I suppose the only choices are their own urine or sea water.

I sincerely hope my question does not offend anyone.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  3:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Indigo
My only question is why would one choose to do so?

Hi Indigo,

That's a good question. I drank urine (use of past tense because I've lapsed in my amaroli practice):

-- because it is part of AYP (optional of course).
--because it was there.
-- the joy of breaking a taboo, and sometimes shocking nice people like you.
-- possible health benefits.
-- natural nasal rinse liquid with no need to warm water and add salt.
-- staying in touch with my need for drinking more water (if it tastes too salty, more water drinking is indicated.)
-- implicit bonding ritual with others who partake.

Hope this helps!

Be

Edited by - bewell on Nov 07 2013 4:01:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  9:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bewell, thank you, you made me laugh when you wrote ...." sometimes shocking nice people like you".

Yes, your reasons did help and I appreciate your honest replies.

Peace and Blessings,
Indigo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000