New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  07:33:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Healthy119,
It will be great having you with us.
You need to have 5 forum posts to be able to use the forum emailing system. But since you have posted here, whippoorwill can now email you and you can send the Skype id to her.
Thanks again!

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  09:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by faileforever

Wow, so many people signing up, this is great! I am excited

We need an "excited" icon! Then I'd use two!!

Go to Top of Page

healthy119

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  11:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
Thanks for your prompt reply to my question. Using the AYP Forum Support administrators I received an email from whippoorwill regarding the 21-12-2012 9AM EST "Day of Doom Meditation”. At this point I am trusting all will go well. Thanks again!#128522;
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2012 :  12:41:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi dear all..

Just wanted to share that using skype will not be convenient for me on 21st, however, I will join the group meditation, and pretty excited about it ...

I think it will be 7:30 PM Indian time.

Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  4:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking forward to our meditation Friday!

So far, I have AumNaturel, mikkiji, carson, kami, cosmic, healthy119, and spiritdancer signed up with me on Skype. If anyone else would like to participate via Skype, please send me a note as soon as you can. There's still plenty of room.

Just in case there are any newcomers who would like to participate but can't yet use the forum's e-mail, I've put my e-mail address in the bio section of my profile. I'll take it down again after the meditation, but please feel free to contact me via that method until then.

Some tips to follow:

Please look at your screen saver settings and make sure that your screen saver will not come on for 30 or 45 minutes.

I'll initiate the call at 7:55 AM Central (8:55 AM Eastern) and I'll let it ring on your computers until either you answer or the meditation starts.

Once we start the meditation, if you haven't answered, I'll hang up your line. Please don't try to call me back, as this will likely disrupt the meditation. Just hang out and meditate anyway. You know we're there!

I wish I had some time to do a real test before going live with this, but I haven't been able to pull one off. There are some unknowns, but hopefully things will go nicely for us. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

All the best to you!
--Liz

Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  8:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you kami, whippoorwill, and all for putting this together!

Will the format be eclectic-mixed, or like the "AYP Global Group Meditation"? How long will it be? If doing DM beyond our normal time or the 20 min, should we change to silent/breath/samyama the remaining time?
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  4:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AumNaturel

Thank you kami, whippoorwill, and all for putting this together!

Will the format be eclectic-mixed, or like the "AYP Global Group Meditation"? How long will it be? If doing DM beyond our normal time or the 20 min, should we change to silent/breath/samyama the remaining time?

Hi Aum,

Looking forward! I suggest the global group meditation format, if that is ok with everyone.

Liz, will this be a video or audio only format?

Also, many from my meditation group at work will be joining in at that time for various periods of time (not on Skype, however )

Love,
kami
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  6:15:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kami and everyone:

It will be a video format.

I can set a timer for 20 min, if you guys like. And then allow 5 minutes to rest.

After that, if anyone wants to hang around for a few minutes of chit-chat that's fine. I'll have to end the call at 9:45 AM Eastern.

Does that sound okay?
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  9:12:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds great here!
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  9:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perfect!

Thanks Liz
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  12:10:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds good to me, see everyone in the morning
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  01:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be right ready for the meditation in the morning... am working a 12hr night shift that ends at 6am and then I will join you all at 7am for meditation. Beware my night shift vibes.
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  09:50:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again for putting this together, it was wonderful to connect a face/voice with some of you. Definitely up for the next one!
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  10:44:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was fun.
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  11:06:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone

Had a meeting at work from 9:00-10:30, so I wasn't able to participate this time...but I felt Silence throughout. Particularly at 9:30, when our whole trading floor of ~150 people all simultaneously stopped what they were doing and went quiet to observe a moment of Silence for Newtown. Everyone felt connected in the silence...all a part of the same meditation...whether they knew it or not It was quite beautiful...was hard to hold back the tears

Thank you all for sharing
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  12:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, kami, for creating this group meditation. It's too bad we couldn't see you this time, but it was nice to connect with you nonetheless.

Thank you, Liz, for graciously hosting

It was wonderful to be part of this with alll of you. I was very happy to see some fellow Mensch Mill retreaters I haven't seen in 2 years, and to meet those I've only chatted with or didn't know before this.

The group dynamic gave me more bliss than I normally feel in meditation. It was a deep experience and I'm grateful for it. Looking forward to the next one!

Namaste
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  3:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Although I was enthusiastic to try this, I actually had no expectations beyond "let's see what happens." I felt there WAS a level of cohesion, silence and energy which was palpable and pleasant. Not quite as powerful as a group meditation in person, but quite nice nonetheless, and definitely worth repeating whenever occasions might arise. Thanks so much, Liz, for hosting it on your Skype account. I count this 100% successful, and I'm wondering if we have accomplished a first here--the first world-wide video meditation?!
Namaste,
Michael
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  5:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I loved this It was great, thanks everybody and Liz for hosting and Kami for the idea

Would definitely join the next skype meditation if it would come about and I would be able to

Much Love, enjoyed it a lot.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  7:18:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Liz, and all!

Although my video didn't work, it was simply fantastic to share this experience with all of you, and then to hear all your voices

How about New Years day? Will that work for most?

Love you all
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  9:33:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Works for me
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  10:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Works for me too, but morning is best. I can host.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  10:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami

How about New Years day? Will that work for most?

Yep, I have the day off. Am looking forward to it
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  12:18:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
New Years day would be great!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  03:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in for New Years day too.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  07:49:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will be in too on new years day if the time would be about the same
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000