Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Is taking painkillers like cheating ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sanjeev

India
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  3:43:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I get these painful shocks in legs during night (or quiet times) and sometimes I take a painkiller to reduce the pain and sleep peacefully.

Will these medicines have an adverse effect on the purification process ? Is it like cheating, since I'm avoiding the painful experience by not letting the nerve signals reach my brain ? Will the purification continue even if I choose not to experience the pain related to it ?

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  4:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Painkillers and any other drugs or medications affect the kundalini (life force) of the body.
It affects the nervous system.

Not only does it affect the gross body but also the subtle body thus it will also play with your whole conscious in such a way that you won't have even any objective awareness during astral projection.

It's better to avoid such substances. but if you really can't do without it please do not stop using it!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  5:40:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What kind of painkiller, Sanjeev? Over the counter like Advil(ibuprofen), Asprin or prescription medication?
I went through a phase where I took nothing, not even Advil, unless I absoultely had to had to... but I too seem too have developed restless legs at night... and take an Advil to fall asleep if it gets too distracting. Or I do take over the counter medications like Excedrin(asprin) when i have headaches (used to take prescription meds for migraines, but did not like how they made me feel). I am sure it affects the subtle body in some way, but don't think it makes a huge difference.

If you are taking prescription medications for this and your doctor thinks you need it, then keep taking it. Else try something milder like asprin or ibuprofen and see if it does the trick.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  5:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've suffered restless legs at night since childhood. I have to eat lots of fruit (potassium, magnesium) and stay very hydrated. Also, I do some improv, creative stretching at night when the spasms strike me. Samyama also helps (any sutras)--just the process of picking up and releasing subtle thoughts/energy helps smooth out the tension and knots deep in the muscles.
Go to Top of Page

Sanjeev

India
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  11:53:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the tips.

The pill is prescribed by the doctor and its really effective. It may affect the subtle body, I'm more worried about if it will stop or delay the purification process.
I will shift to milder med or something once the pain is manageable, it may takes 2-3 months !
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  12:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sanjeev,

Any idea what is causing the painful shocks in the legs? My suggestion would be use the painkillers as needed, but to do what you can to try and find out what is causing the shocks and begin to find ways to address the underlying cause instead of "bandaid-ing" the symptom. Having had extensive experience with painkillers of all kinds I can say that, for me, they caused more problems than they solved.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Sanjeev

India
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  10:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

Its overload obviously. It happened when I switched to a different and milder practice on the direction of my guide, but it still caused overload. My guide thinks its clearing of Samskaras. Last time the shocks and pin pricks were on the skin, this time they shifted to inside, bones and joints and muscles.

I'm using the medicine only when its a must, I have no way to relieve the pain immediately, it comes like an attack, mostly after dinner.
Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  11:34:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know about overload.

However maybe a rapid breathing practice such as Kapalbhati/Bhastrika in different postures for 20-30 minutes might help you since it charges and energizes the life force. if done before sleep you might have better dream recall and such since the gross body won't take all the energy from the subtle body.

Kundalini maintains and adjusts the whole body, if there is something that needs to be healed in the body it will take part of the energy to fix that part, you should charge the life force with enough energy so it can maintain all that and beyond.

Edited by - Ichigo on Oct 05 2012 11:40:04 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000