Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Fear/feeling like dying.. sacral
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  4:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am usually an anxious person. Lately I have experienced strong fear in pit of stomach/sacral area.. anxiety.. self-critical and guilt-ridden thoughts.

The feeling could even be described as feeling as if I am dying.

Can this be part of the process? What is going on here? How best to navigate?

Thanks
Jack

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  5:26:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you read the topic 'my experience with AYP' it's pretty well covered.

I suggest you slow down a bit Jack, self pace and ground if you are feeling uncomfortable. In my case the next stage was quite frightening but was over with relatively quickly. Everyone has a different experience. Less is more.
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  5:59:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, thanks, Karl..

I practice DM 8 minutes, once per day, with a good 10-12 minutes rest afterwards.

Just practiced some body awareness, relaxation with an emphasis on releasing tension down to the earth. Had some real relief with that.. decongested a bit.. perhaps I will do this when things get a bit hectic..

thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  12:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
8 minutes of simple sitting once a day without energy practices is not very much. Its possible that you are lingering in a stuck spot because you arent going deep enough. I can't really say though, its up to you.
Go to Top of Page

machi

Belgium
35 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  03:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit machi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Being confronted with your boss is painful; being confronted with bullies is painful; but the most painful of all is being confronted with yourself. Memories that come up from nowhere... you cheated, were bullied, bullied others, abused, were abused,... The emotions can be quite overwhelming at times. What I do since shortly is to "welcome" the emotion. If something makes me angry, I repeat "welcome anger, welcome anger" until it subsides. It's not a cheap trick, I feel the emotion being "burned" in the solar plexus region and feel how the whole of the body relaxes. Also, to welcome the emotion doesn't mean that I try to forget about the context, exactly the contrary. But at least I can seperate the emotion from the context (detach) and think/contemplate the situation as I should.
This is the "welcoming prayer" from Centering Prayer and Inner Awakening (ISBN 978-1561012626).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000