Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Energy Rush getting trapped
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sadie

Australia
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  10:05:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi There

Wanted to get some advice pls

My partner and I have not practised tantra as such, but he seems to be experiencing huge energy rushes during orgasm. I will also mention that he seems to be experiencing Kundalini (energy bursts and rushes through the spinal column, and sometimes into his crown) during lovemaking, and has happened since the beginning of our relationship

Anyway, on Friday, during ejaculation, he felt the energy rise up from the base of his spine (which is quite typical for him) and into the middle of his back, but then it stopped, and couldn't go any further. He said it felt like the energy was too strong/large to get through the spinal column, and it almost felt painful, like a pain/pleasure feeling. & it just kept exploding in the same spot & wouldn't dissipate

Normally when the energy rushes up his back it gets to the top of his back and then branches out to his arms from his back, and sometimes it goes into the crown, and he has experienced what he calls "the golden mushroom' inside his head.

What can he do to alleviate the blockage, or help the energy to continue on without getting blocked? I figure it has to do with a chakra (in his middle back , actually between the SHOULDER blades) being blocked?

We have talked about trying Tantra, and I got him to read one of the lessons from this site, about it on Friday, on how to hold back on orgasm, so I am not sure if this is what sparked what happened.

We have also discussed about how to use the energy that seems rife in his back upon ejaculation, which is so typical of Kundalini.

Any advice in this area much appreciated.

Sadie

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  4:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sadie, and welcome!

Taking up daily deep meditation and spinal breathing pranayama would help clear the sort of resistance you mentioned. Tantric sexual methods can rarely do it alone. A well balanced integration of practices can get the job done, and that can improve the quality of our life in many ways.

If your partner is interested, the best place to start is at the beginning of the lessons here: http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html
Lessons 13 & 41 provide basic instructions on deep meditation and spinal breathing pranayama.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Sadie

Australia
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  05:53:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani

I have mentioned to him about practising meditation. He agrees with me, but then doesn't practise it. I think he only agrees bcoz that's what I want to hear. :)

He would be the perfect candidate for meditation, and SB, but you know, you can lead a horse to water...:)

on the other hand, I practise meditation and SB, and yet do not experience half the energy rushes that he has, and all without him practising meditation or yoga.

He is very much in touch with his emotions, and very sensitive to energy. He has been able to cure a back issue i had for years, just by using his hands. His hands have an ability to absorb pain, and he can really tune in to another's pain and sometimes completely remove it. His hands absorb the pain, and then transmute it

I don't experience half of what he does during lovemaking, so I think he is quite fortunate. I am a bit like an observer looking in and at his experiences, and he is amazing at explaining what is occurring.

If he is not into practising the meditation, is there anything else you could recommend for him to overcome the blockage?
Another time, he had an experience where the energy shot straight up into his crown, and he remarked that it felt like he had been kicked in the head. :(

I sometimes worry that he is going to pass out, it gets so intense.

Anything else that comes to mind much appreciated!

Regards,

Sadie

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  11:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sadie:

He could investigate Reiki or Taoist energy practices, which could help address specific blockages he may be having. But that is not an approach that can lead much beyond the energy itself. As you probably know from your exposure to AYP, energy (kundalini shakti) is only one side of the enlightenment equation. The cultivation of abiding inner silence (shiva) is the other side, which enables us to weather the extremes of inner energy flow and life in general with unshakable equanimity. The joining of these two, stillness and energy (shiva and shakti), is the way forward to liberation in this life. Then we become all of it and move as "stillness in action" in loving unity with all of life.

It is really a matter of what ideal he is seeking at this time in his life. Whatever we seek is what we will find. The methods we need will come to us according to our bhakti (spiritual desire) and our willingness to act. The good news is that as we evolve, so does our ideal, going higher and higher. So we all get to our highest level of spiritual aspiration sooner or later, and everything we need for fulfilling that will be there.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

PS: As we have often said in the AYP lessons and here in the forums, the "fireworks" (energy experiences), no matter how miraculous, are not the primary indicator of our spiritual condition or progress. The degree of peace and happiness in daily living is a far better indicator of the effectiveness of our practices. If we are feeling innately better about our life today than we did a month ago, or a year ago, that is far more significant than whatever ecstatic lightning bolts (or not) we might be playing with in the moment.

Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  3:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I remember taking part in a physical Asana thread here that circled around heart-chakra (Anahata) opening. These were my posts, but IMHO all of us did a great teamwork on that thread:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=7958#69964
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=7958#70080

To make your stallion "drink" for real, instead of just saying he'll breathe or meditate, another route worth trying might go via his body; I mentioned even "non-asanas" for Anahata (arms, touch...) at the end of the longer post there.

(Disclosure: my advice is somewhat biased however, since I started to meditate as a natural add-on to my asana and martial arts training during my university years, a long time ago. There's not a single 1 silver bullet. Rather, as Yogani says above: A well balanced integration of practices).
Best of luck.

Edited by - HathaTeacher on Sep 27 2012 01:57:45 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000