Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 AYP & Other Systems NYC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  4:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi

Finally got this together, I will be hosting at my apartment (Upper East Side) Manhattan a regular weekly group for discussion and meditation around spiritual awakening and liberation.

It's really an event for people to meditate together, have a cup of tea or whatever, and we'll watch a video or do readings, and share together. Just a joyful time for people to share experiences and work together.

It's not going to be system / practice exclusive or sectarian in any way. The motto here will be "you do whatever works for you".

I'm personally highly inclined towards Jnana yoga/advaita/non-duality/direct path, as when clear-seeing of reality is utilized as a spiritual practice, not as a dogmatic intellectual refuge, it's triggered some of my most powerful experiences, and brought much rapid progress.

I'm also greatly inclined towards AYP as this has had a very powerful effect on my life. I recognize and include all other modalities and teachings from theravada buddhism, kashmir shaivism, the suffi path, "present moment awareness" stuff like michael brown and eckhart tolle, and teachers like Rupert Spira and Greg Goode who give us Jnana yoga methods for direct and immediate non-dual realization.

Anything goes except dogmatism , I'm hoping that people who come will be able to contain the paradoxical truths that exist on the spiritual path. A few people from Liberation Unleashed will be coming, hoping any NYC AYP'ers will come also, and generally aiming to get a wide ranging group of people from different traditions for open-minded discussion. Will probably be posting this on Dharma Overground also, so hope to get some buddhist folks.

There will be a standard time for meditation (30 minutes) followed by discussion etc.

Drop me a message if you'd be interested.

Best,

Josh
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000