Liberation Unleashed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  08:11:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
A great website with true and honest people
http://liberationunleashed.com/index.html

a global movement of people helping others to see through the illusion of self, that there is no separate entity behind the word ‘me’.

We guide the seeker to pass through what is often called the ‘Gateless Gate’ or in classical terms, Stream Entry to Enlightenment or Truth Realization. The awakened journey begins here.

We use the Direct Pointing method, which consists of a dialogue between a guide and seeker. The guide poses very specific questions in order to focus the attention on the seeker’s experience of the present moment. This triggers the awakening insight often referred to as ‘seeing no-self’.

All you need to do is bring your honesty, curiosity and courage. If you are ready to look directly at experience, we are ready to guide you.
Click on the link, and follow the instructions there to engage with a guide. The guide will help you, through direct questioning, to dive deep into your own experience. We will not give you more concepts, we will question those that you already have until you are left face to face with reality. It is that simple.

Simple, but at times fears arise. It takes courage to question your deepest beliefs. We try to work with directness and courtesy, but if we find resistance in looking, we might use the Zen stick to bring focus back to the Gate.

By 'crossing the Gateless Gate', the illusion of the separate self is seen through. This is the end of the seeker and the beginning of living as the natural state.

We ask nothing from you except your own intention to see.
We make a bold claim. Awakening is available now, in a short time, on the internet and for free. If you are ready, get Posting Rights.

Welcome to Liberation Unleashed

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  08:24:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, thank you Ananda, and first of all Miguel who pointed to this site in the topic "suicide"! It's truly amazing! If you are ready. I think that's the key point in their description. If ripe - it goes fast. If not... there's practices to do!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  08:29:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is

I really don't care what others say, it shouldn't be so hard for anyone. This works! it really does! being it is challenging but it's very beautiful and just so simple, easy and peaceful. In case crossing the gateless gate happens, Adyashanti's work is of great help.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  08:46:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The design seems to be that you can't SEE until the nervous system is ripe. If you haven't done a great deal of work in earlier lives, but then you are born with a ripe nervous system. It's only seen as simple after the fact! Please, never forget how frustrating it is to not see before you do.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  09:57:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll paraphrase the very good Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh:
It's more dangerous to become attached to the notion of no-self (anatman) than the notion of self (atman).
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  11:16:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

It's more dangerous to become attached to the notion of no-self (anatman) than the notion of self (atman).

Now it's my turn Bodhi Tree!

"Echo echo echo echo....."

Love!
Carson

P.S> I went through the Liberation Unleashed process after Miguel mentioned it in the "Suicide" thread and in my opinion this is neo-advaita at it's finest. Just my opinion.... don't shoot.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  11:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gut-busting LOL, Carson!

Now I'll quote the beloved Captain Hook from Peter Pan:
"Good form, Peter, good form."
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  11:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. I really like "The Awakened Dreamer" -- Lori Ann, who is listed on the links section of Liberation Unleashed...splendid blogs and poetry.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  12:27:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

The design seems to be that you can't SEE until the nervous system is ripe. If you haven't done a great deal of work in earlier lives, but then you are born with a ripe nervous system. It's only seen as simple after the fact! Please, never forget how frustrating it is to not see before you do.

Don't worry dear, I haven't forgotten this fact. On the other hand, I can't help but think that to some who are over there the awakening has happened only on the mental level. Reminds me again of relational and non relational self inquiry... Maybe I am wrong of course.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  12:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

This is the beauty of this whole thing, there's being awareness. No self is just a word. It's just waking up from the mind story. Everything is still here, it's just different. As for attachments, they have never been so transparent. But then again I am speaking from my own experience, I've noticed some of the people there struggeling with thoughts and mind games after passing through the gate. But a lot of others are living good.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  12:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi
P.S> I went through the Liberation Unleashed process after Miguel mentioned it in the "Suicide" thread and in my opinion this is neo-advaita at it's finest. Just my opinion.... don't shoot.

Whatever works Speaking for myself, I am happy with the results. A serious shift has happened. It's like being samyama now. I wouldn't share this thing if it didn't really help me out.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  11:02:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson, I agree and I disagree.

I think if people are getting stuck in "believing" they are liberated because they have an intellectual understanding of non-duality, or maybe even a temporary seeing of no-self, largely because they don't know enough about what Realization/Enlightenment means to realize they have a [long] way to go, then there's a problem. I feel like LU kind of encourages this, by calling everyone who can recognize "no self" liberated. This could be a trap for inexperienced spiritual seekers, and egos who are quick to jump and call themselves liberated.

On the other hand, Direct Pointing is actually a valid and useful technique for negating false beliefs. I was strongly identified with a self, a self who was seeking blah blah blah, until LU's method gave a direct insight into the erroneous nature of this belief. For me this was the first time that I'd really started to look at what I'd accepted as "true" (with regard to sense of identity) and question it for myself.

The following happened after this:

Direct experiences of no-self. For my entire life, consciousness has been identifying itself as what is perceived: visual image of body, bodily sensations, emotions, thoughts etc. Whilst there had been some disidentification with thoughts and emotions, never had had the experience of just being pure consciousness in which all these perceptible phenomena are arising. Suddenly I experienced all perceptible phenomena as empty of self, as simply arising in consciousness, perceptible phenomena lost that sense of being "the only reality".

Complete disidentifiation with mind: I'm no longer believing any mental stories. This in itself, is pretty liberating. I'd already had a good deal of calling the mind on its own BS, but now there is a total dropping of mental stories about life, from moment to moment.

Fierce increase in bhakti: these glimpses dramatically increased my desire for spiritual practice

Complete change in spiritual practice: If I'm honest with myself, I mainly started doing AYP with a vague idea of what enlightenment might be, and just generally wanting ecstasy, and some kind of end to the constant suffering of life. This is an attachment in itself, that I now recognize as having blocked me from recognizing reality. The orientation has changed: From wanting to feel better, to a furious, intense desire to realize the truth, even if it results in my own dissolution.

blah blah blah - I wont bore you with any more details. What I'm saying though, in essence, is that LU was a really important catalyst for a direct, experiential shift in spiritual practice, and it also completely blew up my certainty about sense of identity. Not having a clear belief about who I am anymore, and then being curious to find out, has opened the door for a more direct experience of reality.

I think this is some pretty important progress, and LU was the valuable catalyst for this.

But I think LU should come with a disclaimer saying "just because you've eradicated the erroneous belief that you are an individual self, doesn't mean you are enlightened, or really even liberated, there is a hell of a lot more work to do". lol.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  12:23:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
But I think LU should come with a disclaimer saying "just because you've eradicated the erroneous belief that you are an individual self, doesn't mean you are enlightened, or really even liberated, there is a hell of a lot more work to do". lol.

totally agree with this statement
in your case it happened because you were ready...LU had no role in it...even LU is not in control
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  1:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  2:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari
even LU is not in control

Go to Top of Page

Yuri

Russia
37 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  02:06:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
More sceptical view.

I visited this site. It promises to give liberation though Internet conversation (answering to guide questions) during 2-3 weeks time, sometimes faster. Enough examples on the site where people became "liberated" as they say.

Looks like mind games to me. May be useful as small assisting tool, but nothing more. Also what striked me - guides ask maximum honesty from novices (it's understandable); but no information on guides themselves is given.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  03:36:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Yuri,

What is available there is not full enlightenment but non the less a great shift that helps our self inquiry a step further. That is all.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  11:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
[i]But I think LU should come with a disclaimer saying "just because you've eradicated the erroneous belief that you are an individual self, doesn't mean you are enlightened, or really even liberated, there is a hell of a lot more work to do". lol.

I see it this way as well, there are all the infinite assumptions and conclusions people, including those who recognize that it is all just arising in a field of consciousness (and see no I) have made about the world/ existence, that will come back to visit for all eternity, until the illusions are seen through. Ironically, this often includes fixed thoughts and ideas about other people, i.e judgements about the world, etc.

It would seem that most if not all people have had the experience of seing past a limiting view about another person, situation, previously held belief, etc. until understanding is expanded by becoming less limited. For example, seeing that there is no "I" can come long before seeing that a certain situation or object may not be as it seems. Or that there are deeper dimensions of understanding that can arise about the surrounding world/ universe. The latter I see as continuing on indefinitely. The universe is a living, changing phenomena and an open mind will also continue to let go of previous perceptions and become a smoother and more efficient operator in the world of form.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  12:06:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm operating on the belief, assumption and experience that, in fact, the truth of self is a paradox: the individual ego DOES exist as an extension of the ONE. Since awareness can identify a single flicker within a fire full of flames, can you truly deny either the single flame or the entire fire's existence? The whole depends upon the individual, and the individual upon the whole. A paradox.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  01:05:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you both, great inputs. Thank you for sharing dear ones

Dear Bodhi, you remind me of the words of Sri Ramana on the non existence of a doer in all this. Someone asks him how to realize that there really is no doer and Sri Ramana suggests to either just do stuff and realize right then and there that stuff are done without a doer or there's the second approach to realize that "All is done through you by God."

I've personally chosen the latter

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  09:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

quote:

Now it's my turn Bodhi Tree!

"Echo echo echo echo....."

Love!
Carson

I went through the LU site in the last couple of days and really liked it and what they are trying to do.

I read a only few exchanges (which could skew things) and found them very sincere in their attempt of using pointers to direct people to see how the "I" thought arises etc. I really enjoyed reading Miguel's thread and Innercall's thread too and vicariously experienced a deepening by contemplating the questions the guides sent their way. I didn't find it "neo-advaita" but more the opposite of getting past all concepts. Just throwing a different view-point Carson, know you won't mind.

These days I see it as being all about the recipient rather than the "teacher". Open recipients can draw what they need out of anyone/ anywhere. It always fascinates me that in those times in life when I am in the "instructing" role, how amazing things can come out in the interaction, that I never could have consciously planned to say when the recipient is sincere and open. Then there may be learning for the recipient but definitely also the potential for deepening for "the teacher" in my experience in these situations.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  12:14:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Open recipients can draw what they need out of anyone/ anywhere.

when the student is ready the "teacher" appears
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  07:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion, I'll just add that in short, the LU site offers people an opportunity for some good inquiry that can deepen their understanding of their true nature. As for complete liberation or enlightenment, these are concepts that can be transcended eventually as well. Enlightenment seems to be a pretty loaded word with so many false concepts attached to it. It also seems to be associated with some kind of final attainment which could give people the idea of a stopping ground, as in I'm done, I'm enlightened. As long as these words are strung together, the concept of "I" has not yet completely dissolved, the identity has just moved into new territory.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  07:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very true dear Anthem
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  07:53:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot dear Anthem
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  8:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi carson,

I should follow up, I looked outside the One on One forum and can see how this was your opinion, definitely a lot of non-duality posturing going on! Seems to give more credence to human consciousness transformation not being an overnight thing that is for sure!

A good opportunity for a little inquiry none the less.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000