AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Question about opening crown prematurely
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KellyN

75 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  10:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I have read about prematurely opening of the crown in several posts. Can you please help me understand what this means? Honestly, it scared me. I certainly don't want to damage my psyche/spirit/soul/body and/or any other area of my well-being in any way. I live a beautiful life, blessed with a loving family and a rewarding career. My desire is enlightenment and peace not abismal misery, as I have read in some posts with said topic. I wish to be of service to others in this life but not become spiritually compromised because of a premature exposure to whatever. Please help me understand.
Many thanks
Kelly

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  11:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings Kelly,

The premature crown opening is not something that can happen easily--based on most accounts here and elsewhere. For instance, I recently read the autobiography of Gopi Krishna, who had a brutal crown opening, but only after years of using a particular, hardcore meditation technique that bypassed the prerequisite cleansing of the lower energy body. In other words, you would have to try really hard, or feed a karmic pattern/obsession to go straight for the gold, so to speak. Sounds like you already live a balanced life and do not qualify as an over-zealous madwoman who would utilize a specific technique at the cost of the rest of your nervous system's purification and opening.

Deep meditation uses a particular sound that gently opens the channels in the lower regions (unlike Gopi Krishna's misfortune). Still, self-pacing should be applied. It's quite scientific actually (the inner acoustics of the theater of the nervous system):
http://www.aypsite.org/59.html

Don't worry, you're under the finest of guidance here with Mr. Yogani at the helm and the rest of the AYP practitioners reporting their successful results and steady progress.

Peace be with you.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  6:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From the balanced tone of your post, you don't have much to worry about!

I had a crown opening without any practice when I was quite young. Sometimes it just happens and no one knows why. Some teachers attribute this to practices done in past lives.

Others here have had similar experiences with the crown, and it is pretty gnarly. But it's rare overall, and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  10:42:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As you get more familiar with the lessons and even some forum posts of Yogani (also covered in SFP ebook), the built-in features of the practices that minimize premature crown openings will become more apparent. Also, these observations are experienced-based thanks to Yogani and others, as opposed to grounded merely in obscure theory.
Go to Top of Page

KellyN

75 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  5:03:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all so much for all the responses. I feel such great support and I am so happy that my inner guru lead me to this wonderful site!

Kelly
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000