Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 i love my students
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  1:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
actually they are not "my" students...this is only to create a title for this thread
lately i noticed that i really love the students that attend the hatha yoga classes that i happen to teach...i always loved them and love teaching and being attentive to them but recently i feel like i want to hug all of them...i am so touched by their desire and their urge to do yoga ....most of them only do asanas but still i am very touched by their desire (bhakti) ..although they are not really aware of the unlimited dimensions of bhakti and of spiritual unfoldment..it is still a baby bhakti...nevertheless it is there ...and it is beautiful and these students are beautiful human beings..so i feel like giving more from my heart although they only want asanas and pranayama

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  3:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had that urge at a past workplace one time too, and it is one of the things I miss a lot. Something about everyone tuning in to create an enjoyable shared experience. It probably also helped the sales. Who would have guessed that one. I say probably, because some may have been driven away...you know, lacking a source of fuel for negativity and all.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  9:36:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

i love my students.....i feel like i want to hug all of them...

how does one apply to be your student?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  01:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
how does one apply to be your student?

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  02:17:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
maheswari, I know exactly what you mean. I also love my students and I feel very privileged to be their teacher. I have students at various levels of intensity in terms of the spiritual aspects. Fortunately some of them have private lessons so I get to go into more depth with them - which I enjoy the most! I have one student who is a liberal Christian and she is totally into asana as whole-body prayer. Another private student described herself as "agnostic but really wanting to get in touch with spirituality" and she excels at asanas, even doing headstand now!, and especially loves meditation. Her 3-year-old daughter is an old soul and sometimes joins us. but, every one of my students is "special" to me and it is such a delight to be with them on their journey... thanks for sharing the above, Maha.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  02:18:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
agnostic but really wanting to get in touch with spirituality"

lovely paradox
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  04:51:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:
agnostic but really wanting to get in touch with spirituality"

lovely paradox

no, it isn't a paradox. "agnostic" simply means undecided. if they said "atheist" then it would be a paradox. many agnostics are merely disillusioned by religion and are open to spirituality as such.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  12:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
first thought that comes to mind about agnostic is a conviction that it is not possible to know or verify from first hand experience
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  6:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AumNaturel

first thought that comes to mind about agnostic is a conviction that it is not possible to know or verify from first hand experience

That may be the "technical" definition, but many people, e.g. this student of mine, merely mean that they have found religion to be unfulfilling and they have not experienced "God" but they would be open to a spiritual experience if it happened. Very often it is just a matter of bad religion getting in the way of personal experience. My student after several months of deep meditation, now says she "totally gets it."

Edited by - Radharani on Feb 29 2012 05:08:14 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000