AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 More dirt on the window?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a

26 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  10:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
While doing DM this morning, I noticed that I would lose the mantra a lot because thoughts about the two episodes of Doctor Who that I watched last night kept popping up.

Granted, I would always easily favor the mantra when I realized I was off it, but I wondered....if I'm cleaning the window of my nervous system, and thoughts about what I watched last night keep coming up, does that mean that watching TV shows like that is throwing more dirt on my window and stopping me from making more progress than I could be?

Thanks,
Sean

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  12:38:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a very good and interesting question. I dont know the reason but this is what I feel.

I dont think watching TV shows is throwing more dirt on the window. Yes, thoughts do mean purification is happening. But the content of the thoughts is not significant and it doesnt represent the dirt being removed off.

It is just that somedays you need surface level cleansing and other days you need deep cleansing. It is just one of those days where surface level cleansing has happened and whatever is right at the top (the TV show) is being picked up.

You must be knowing that in the space between thoughts we touch our silence. It is not noticeable in the normal waking state but it is happening anyway. In DM, the mantra is used as a vehicle to go into this silence and as it comes out of the silence it brings out thoughts whatever are there. Sometimes it is deep old memories and other times just surface thoughts.

- Near
Go to Top of Page

n/a

26 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  1:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Near,

Awesome! That's just what I needed to know. It makes perfect sense, and come to think of it, reminds me of something similar that Yogani had written.

quote:
But the content of the thoughts is not significant and it doesn't represent the dirt being removed off.

That's important for me to remember.

Thanks a lot!

With Love,
Sean
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  6:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wondered the same thing recently. Thanks for bringing this up!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000