Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 drifting away
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  11:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have gradually been drifting away from my AYP practice over the past couple of months to the point where I stopped.

I suspect I was/have been dealing with some overload.

anyhoo, a few nights ago I almost 'craved DM' and said to hell with it and started back up with 5min SB and 10min DM.

It has been nice for me for just these few days even, my energy was getting down and scattered, I'm feeling more grounded already.

wish me luck with my starting again, sorry if any overload spilled over here, I got pretty grumpy

Edited by - yogesh on Jan 27 2012 12:19:54 PM

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  12:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogesh

I have gradually been drifting away from my AYP practice over the past couple of months to the point where I stopped.

I suspect I was/have been dealing with some overload.

anyhoo, a few nights ago I almost 'craved DM' and said to hell with it and started back up with 5min SB and 10min DM.

It has been nice for me for just these few days even, my energy was getting down and scattered, I'm feeling more grounded already.

wish me luck with my starting again, sorry if any overload spilled over here, I got pretty grumpy

Yes, there are many dips like that. Grumpiness is fine, that's what we are here to do, accept and help each other where we can. Nice to have you back at the front
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  12:56:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hugz yogesh yep could feel the overload I think you try lighter version of AYP or cut down the timing of SBP and meditation.

For overload you can try grounding works like gardening etc.
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  1:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks much,

Do you think 5min SP and 10Min DM is fine..?

I was doing 10/20 and then cut down to 5/15 and now thinking 5/10 to help..?

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  1:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello yogesh
welcome back
as for 5min SP and 10Min DM ,yes start slow, see the results (take your time) then maybe you might feel the need to increase
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  2:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks maheswari

Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  12:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Reporting back:

I had to stop the 5min SP and 10min DM, as I was getting pissed off again almost right away.

So I am trying 10 min DM only to see if that will help me stabilize, if not I will try some bungee jumping

Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  1:23:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
not without a rope I assume

by the way, you can also try just breath meditation without the mantra to see if that helps

- Near
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  4:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm also getting a fair amount of stimulation in my sex area, gets annoying and distracting...anyone with advice on this?
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  09:52:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the support forum right? For people having problems?

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  10:49:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you practice mulabandha and shambhavi ?

If you dont, try to add them (as mentioned in the lessons) and see if you can pull the energy up the spine.

I know it says to add mulabandha first, but since you already have a lot of energy being released, try Shambhavi first (http://www.aypsite.org/56.html) and see if that helps.
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  11:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Shanti

No I do not practice mulabandha and shambhavi, only DM & SB and have stopped the SB because of overload and maybe the DM is doing it also, not sure, So are you suggesting I continue with SB?

With my situation I cannot be pissed off all the time (dealing with health issues and a daughter with a disability) I may need to go back to some spiritual practices I have done in the past where I felt bliss without all this angst. Maybe Bhakti is best for simple people like me .

Edited by - yogesh on Feb 01 2012 12:10:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  11:29:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes.. Spinal breathing will help you pull the energy upward so it wont be distracting. But if there is a block that is preventing the energy from moving up, shambhavi creates an upward pull and also takes the focus away from the root to third eye, that may make the focus on the energy less. Energy generally follows our attention and I find shambhavi takes the attention to the upper part of the body.
Well, that is how I see it anyway.

If it does not help, you can take a break from Spinal breathing and just do some alternate nostril breathing for a bit and see if that helps.

Thanks Yogesh.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  11:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

thanks Shanti

No I do not practice mulabandha and shambhavi, only DM & SB and have stopped the SB because of overload and maybe the DM is doing it also, not sure, So are you suggesting I continue with SB?

With my situation I cannot be pissed off all the time (dealing with health issues and a daughter with a disability) I may need to go back to some spiritual practices I have done in the past where I felt bliss without all this angst. Maybe Bhakti is best for simple people like me .

Sorry... I did not realize you were off Spinal breathing. My bad.

Yes, the "i am" mantra is a dual pole mantra, so it does work along the spine as well causing purification and that may be causing it as well. Have you tried breath meditation?
http://www.aypsite.org/188.html
quote:
As has been said in earlier lessons, I AM is a "dual pole" mantra. The resonance of it in the spinal nerve is the reason why. "I" is the shiva component, and "AM" is the shakti component. With this mantra we are bringing the mind to stillness in such a way so as to purify the full length of the spinal nerve. By using a mantra that resonates between the third eye and the root, we are following the safest and most balanced path of awakening, just as we do in spinal breathing pranayama. The two practices are parallel methods, both working to purify the spinal nerve on their respective levels in the nervous system. Both practices, done in sequence (spinal breathing and then meditation), awaken and stabilize our ecstatic energies and inner silence. Together, these emanate out naturally from the spinal nerve.

So if you do have something else to go back to, maybe try that for a bit.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  11:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dont be sorry Shanti, your very kind and helpful...

its all good as they say, I will find my way

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  11:42:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogesh.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  12:32:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogesh,

I would also advise you to go to breath meditation only for a while. If Spinal breathing was too much stimulation, then leave that also for now (which means leaving out mulabanda and sambavimudra as well). Take things gently.

Don't think of breathing meditation as the poor cousin to Deep Meditation, as it isn't. I believe it was the Buddha who said that breathing meditation alone can take you all the way to nirvana....

Then, after a few months, go back to using the manta and gradually build up a full practice.

Good luck with it all,

Christi
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  12:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi,

Isn't there a link to breathing meditation in the lessons?

does anyone have it?

thanks

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  12:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks Christi,

Isn't there a link to breathing meditation in the lessons?

does anyone have it?

thanks

Hi Yogesh:

It is in Lesson 367, along with other suggestions for dealing with over-sensitivity to deep meditation with mantra:
http://www.aypsite.org/367.html

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  1:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani !

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000