Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Astral Bangles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  11:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
Some time ago I read about the wearing of a bangle, in Autobiography of a Yogi. The book explains the subject in detail but I wonder if someone could explain it to me better? What is the real purpose of it? After reading the chapter, I went and purchased a gold, silver, and copper bracelet for about ten dollars. -Hunter

P.S. Once again, I want to say that I am tickled by this forum and lessons. I love to read all your special posts.

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  05:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hunter,

Some colored stones and bangles are supposed to do good if you wear them. Basing on your astrology and your particular star they determine what color bangels or stones are good for you and what colors are bad.

These stones are supposed to influence the stars in your favour and hence called astral bangles or stones.

-Near
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  08:14:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hunter,
Nice to hear from you again. I personally don't know how stones and metals really work.. they are supposed to increase your power or something. I think Near has given a good explanation on what they are supposed to do. Long back, I have worn metal bangles because someone said it was good for me.. I wore some stones because someone said it was good for me.. but I never felt anything. The reason for that may have been because I was never sensitive enough to feel it. Growing up.. I went through a phase when my heart was always racing and I could hear voices and I was scared all the time. (someone may have been telling ghost stories at school or something). My mom got me an iron bangle and said.. iron wards off evil spirits..( I don't think she really believed in that).. and it worked.. reason.. all my fears were in my head and when I shifted my attention to something that was protecting me I was not scared any more..
I wear an iron bangle covered in gold all the time now.. that is like our wedding ring.. no other reason.. hopefully it is working in warding off all the evil spirits..
Enjoy your bangle by the way.. let us know if you do feel more powerful.. I think I wont mind investing $10 for more power..
Look at this thread.. there are some interesting topics on certain powerful things like beads and crystals..
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=788
I hope it will answer some of your questions..
-Shanti.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  10:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been wearing this bracelet for a couple of years. I never noticed anything, but then I do not pay attention to it. I have read stories about devotees of Yogananda(from Ananda and SRF), who have felt extreme heat (so much heat that the bangle had to be moved or taken off) coming from their bangles at times when the people were feeling ill. The bangles that those devotees wear have a very specific weight for each metal, that is copper, gold, and silver. I first learned a spinal breathing technique from Norman Paulsen and although he was a student of Yogananda, Norman never mentions the wearing of a bangle to protect from the influence of the celestial bodies. Perhaps things have just changed much since Yogananda's days in America. Anyway, that was what started my simple curiosity. The subject itself is not that important to me, I just love to read everyone's input on a topic. This group of people on this forum is amazing. -Hunter

Edited by - Hunter on May 02 2006 10:51:51 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000