AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 My trip to Gomukh- himalayas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

patelvipulk

18 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  4:28:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit patelvipulk's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After reading the books " My life , its legacy and message (http://www.awgp.org/english/books/mylife.pdf) , An Autobiography of a yogi ( www.autobiographyofayogi.com) and Living wiht Himalayan Masters, I developed a passion to go to Himalayas and last year I wa able to take a trip to Gomukh ( where river Ganga emrges out of a glaciour) at 14,000 feets in Himalayas. It was great.

I can provide details if anyone is intersted in visiting..

Vipul Patel, Allentown, PA USA.

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  5:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd LOVE to hear about it...as much from the travel aspect as from the spiritual. Curious about how you got there, how you found what you found, what the early encounters were like, etc.

I know it would mean a lot of writing out, but if you take the time you can then point friends/family and other seekers to your posting to read! :)
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  5:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd love to hear about it too. I'd love to do it some time.

Who knows, maybe we can make an AYP field trip there sometime!
Go to Top of Page

Nicole

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2006 :  09:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nicole's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please do...
Go to Top of Page

patelvipulk

18 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  5:29:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit patelvipulk's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I got really inspired by the book" My life, its legacy and the trip that hte author took went through Ganagoti/ Gomukh ( where Ganages comes out ofGalciour) and then about Sundervan, Tapovan to to go deeper sections of himalayas..

I am originally from Inida so it was a little easier for me.
However, I have made researvations with Gharwal Nigam Vikas ( A State operated outfit)
And they have guest house in Gantori.. ( I highly recoemdn them if yoy are planning ot go to himalays . They have many guest houses. They also have very relaible transportation services but they are a little expensive for tranportation.
From Delhi, we went to Shantikunj near Haridwar. ( www.awgp.org, a mission founded by tha author of the book with very goodstaying facilities for foreigners and they do not charge any money.. It is strictly run on volatntray donations and also visited a university operated by the same group. (www.dsvv.org ).

from there we rented a car with a driver for five days and went to Harshil and Gangotri and stayed in Gharwal Nigam vikas facilities.
My parents and my yonger son ( four at that time) stayed in Ganotri and I , my wife and my 9 yr old son went to Gomukh. It is a 22 km journey but thetrails are well defined..
There are many small resting tents with food on the way. On the first night , we walked 18 miles and stayed at Bhiojwassa which has a basicstayig facilities on the bank of Ganges. ( we rented a pony for my son ). Next morning we went to Gomukh ( another 4 km) at the height of 14,000 feet and retuned to Gangotri on the same day.

In Gangotri, we met a Saint who have been wondering in himalayas with a camera for past 50 years. ( please do a gogle search with key words sundarananda and Himalayas through a lens of a Sadhu).

It was a great trip. Pleaselet me kow if I can answer any specific questions. I am planning to go to Mansarovar. Kailash in China in two years.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  7:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds like heaven.

Hey, if you don't feel like typing and typing, maybe I could persuade you to make an audiotape, and either convert it into a soundfile to distribute on the internet, or send it to me (or anyone you know who is technical) to do it. Lots of people would love to hear stories and details. Sorry to be a pest!

If you post nothing else, though, thanks for the tip on "Gharwal Nigam Vikas", I don't think they're well known in the west.
Go to Top of Page

patelvipulk

18 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  6:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit patelvipulk's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim,
Please feel free to send me an email on patelvipulk--at--hotmail.com
I live in Allentwon, PA, USA.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000