Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Black hole tried to suck me into
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Raff

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2024 :  7:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was lying on bad and meditated -dont remember but perhaps on heart center - then focused only on - I am - feeling and my eyes were closed, then suddenly I started to see (with closed eyes) something like a black hole, but not like a circle, rather like an egg shape; and I felt it tries to suck me in, I felt it so much that started to do physical movements against this to not go into it and it felt 100% real.

This is first time I had such an experience.

Could somebody tell me what it was and what to do next time with it?

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2024 :  03:32:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is your practices at work. Your Self created this experience. If you were scared, know you can always back out of it (as you discovered) at will. There is no reason to be scared of the scenery, nothing will happen to disappear you from this reality, this is but an episode to enjoy for what it was, and then release it and be open to whatever comes next for you. As Yogani would often say, good things are happening
Go to Top of Page

Jeanjean82

France
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2024 :  10:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Raff,
From Zen teacher Huang Po: "The substance of the absolute is inwardly like wood or stone, in that it is motionless, and outwardly like the void, in that it is without bounds and obstructions. it is neither subjective or objective, has no specific location, is formless, and cannot vanish. Those who hasten toward it dare not to enter, fearing to hurtle down through the void with nothing to cling to or stay their fall. So thez look to the brink and then retreat.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2024 :  1:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This reminds me of the story of the ghost in the closet. When one thinks there is a ghost in the closet, it is very scary. One imagines its shining eyes, and cruel smile, and so on - and it gets worse and worse. But if one dares to open the closet door and looks the ghost in the face, it turns into a pile of rags.

The same with the experiences that might come to you. If they are so strong that you forget about the meditation, just walk to them, turn to them, greed them. When the attitude changes, the flavor of the experience changes. There is a lesson, an opening, an offering, something to learn from it. There is nothing to fear. The resistance is something we ourselves create. When the experience is consummated, it dissolves - and with it there is an expansion, an opening.

As about falling through the void, it does come with a complete trust and letting go. Yes, it is a never-ending fall - and there is no ground to hit. It is awareness turning to itself, over and over again. it is the mystery of what we are.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000