Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Conserve or release energy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Freerange

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2018 :  3:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,
I am several weeks into a kundalini awakening. My question is to do with the new energy that is flooding my system. Should I, as a general strategy, be trying to keep the energy in my body or let it be released? I am confused because while my body appears to be trying to release excess energy with pranic movements, 'finger locks' are suggested by some to keep the energy in, and in kriya yoga (in which energy is drawn up spine), fingers are interlocked to 'close the circuit'. I am confused about whether the new energy is a good thing to be kept in circulation, or whether I am releasing blocked energy I need to get rid of.
Many thanks
Ross xxx

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2018 :  03:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ross,

Welcome! In general we could say that the energy knows exactly what to do. No need to 'try' to 'keep it in the body' In general we could say, ground, practice, surrender and of-course self-pace when needed.

It could be confusing to read different traditions. All traditions have different combinations of practices and terminology.

The pranic movements you mention are called automatic yoga here or kriya's. We can let them happen, but have to be conscious about it. We could also stop them. In other words don't let it become a new pattern or habit. Self-pace accordingly.

If you start reading the lessons of Yogani, you will receive many insights in the process of awakening, and you will find all practices you need on your journey.

www.aypsite.org/69.html is about kundalini symptoms, remedies and imbalances.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jun 30 2018 03:02:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2018 :  9:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ross

I can only speak to my experience. AYP practice led to ecstatic conductivity more than three years ago. It started as indiscriminate, localized tickles, now can be aroused body-wide with simple attention. It becomes highly aroused in my weekly asana class, and my inner guru guides me to "find" the silence that permeates the energy, and just be there. Spinal Breathing pranayama can smoothen the edges of aroused energy, as well as gentle attention to the third eye, and ultimately the solar center where energy is tempered by the proximity of the third and fourth chakra, the will and the heart. My samyama practice has made a valve of my solar center, where my mantra resides, where I may pass sutras and when in shivasana, release excess energy, sharing it with the studio if you will. It's quite a parlor trick, but for me, quite effective in that I rarely overload.

Generally in meditation practice, I wouldn't pay much attention to either hoarding or releasing, just easily favor the mantra and be with whatever balance of silence and energy you find yourself in that moment.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000