Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Too attached to kriyas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Awakening44

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2018 :  4:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone! I am so glad to have found this forum full of so much valuable information on Kundalini awakenings. I believe that I am experiencing pranotthana that is preparing me for a Kundalini awakening. I'm finding that the kriyas have become unbelievably graceful and enjoyable when they are happening. Because of that, I've also noticed I'm getting attached to them and hoping that they will happen more often. I've read that this kind of attachment can prevent a full Kundalini awakening. Has anyone else had this sort of attachment and if so, what did you do to let it go? Thanks and here are my answers to the questions listed in the sticky:

1. What are your symptoms and how long have you had them? Are your symptoms primarily physical, psychological, or both?

Spontaneous mudras, pranayama, asanas, and even what seem to be dances. Lots of kriyas in general. I had feelings of energy in my head and in various parts of my body but that seems to have calmed down in the past few days. Waves of bliss and I have been extremely creative lately. Also Jalandhara Bandha. I've been experiencing these symptoms for about a month.

2. Are your symptoms ongoing, or intermittent? If intermittent, when are they most likely to occur -- during what kind of activity and/or time of the day? Is your sleep affected?

At first, they were only present when I was meditating. Then they started happening outside of meditation as well and would wake me up out of my sleep. Within the last 2-3 days, it's turned into a pretty gracefully routine of spontaneous yoga and mudras in the morning right after I wake up, with some other kriyas spread throughout the day. They usually happen when I'm relaxed as well.

3. Do you consider your situation with kundalini to be the result of spiritual practices, or do you regard it to be spontaneous?

I think it may be both.

4. What sort of spiritual practices have you been engaged in, if any? How long? How often? Are you aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini, often with a delayed reaction?

I have meditated on and off for the past 5-6 years. About 2 months ago, I got the urge to start researching spirituality and began doing mantras and meditation again. I definitely overdid it because I started with 1-2 hours total everyday. After the pranotthana started, I did some research and I'm now aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini.

5. Do you consider yourself to be “sensitive” to spiritual practices? If so, with what practices, and what sort of measures have you taken to accommodate your sensitivity?

I'm honestly not sure yet. I seem to be sensitive to everything else (noise, fragrance, food, etc.) so I would be surprised if I wasn't.

6. Do you think drugs have contributed to your kundalini situation?

Nope. Never done drugs, never will.

7. Have you experienced traumatic events in your life that may have a bearing on your current symptoms?

I was diagnosed with a heart disorder in 2016. I had 2 procedures to fix it and during the second one, they accidentally hit one of the natural pacemakers of my heart. Thankfully, it started again on its own but it was definitely traumatic since I had to be awake for the whole procedure. I went through a long period of depression after that which has finally lifted in the last few months.

8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms?

I don't think so.

9. What is your general diet? Are you aware that a lighter diet can stimulate kundalini?

I have been trying to switch to a vegan or vegetarian diet over the past few months. But i'm still eating meat and I wouldn't say I have a lighter diet.

10. Do you engage in moderate exercise regularly, like walking, yard work, etc? Are you aware that regular exercise can help stabilize ("ground") kundalini symptoms?

I have been walking in the park near my house for the last few months. I am very aware of how much it can help symptoms.

11. Are you a highly devotional person? Are you aware that excessive devotional activity, satsang or spiritual study can aggravate an active kundalini?

Unfortunately, yes. I've always been a black or white person. I wasn't aware that that could aggravate kundalini but I am now!

12. Are you engaged in ordinary daily activities like a job, school, family, parenting, social activity, service to others? Are you aware that such activities, undertaken without spiritual intention or expectations, can help ground excessive kundalini energies?

Not at the moment. I'm currently working from home but I will be going back to school in the fall.

13. Have you been examined and treated by a medical doctor or mental health professional for your symptoms in the past? If so, what was the result?

I haven't had these symptoms in the past. But I'm actually halfway through my M.A. in mental health counseling so I am very familiar with symptoms that point to a serious issue.

14. Are there other factors and/or measures you are taking in relation to your situation that are not covered above?

Not that I can think of.

15. Optional: What is your approximate age (teen, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.)? What is your gender? We ask because the manifestation of kundalini symptoms can be affected by these factors.

I'm a 30 yr. old female.

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2018 :  10:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum.

Let kundalini do its job. You go about yours naturally.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  12:18:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I've read that this kind of attachment can prevent a full Kundalini awakening. Has anyone else had this sort of attachment and if so, what did you do to let it go?

Recognize when it happens, examine it for what it is, then imagine it carried away in the Inner Winds.
Go to Top of Page

Awakening44

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  1:36:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dogboy and jusmail. I'm sure it depends on the person but does anyone know how long you'll get pranotthana symptoms before the actual Kundalini awakening?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  4:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Awakening44,

quote:
I'm sure it depends on the person but does anyone know how long you'll get pranotthana symptoms before the actual Kundalini awakening?

The automatic movements that you are experiencing, are a sign of an already awakened kundalini. This is it.

Things will change gradually over time, as the awakening unfolds. Some changes may be quite dramatic, some much more gentle, or even hardly noticeable until much further down the road when you look back at what has changed.

Things sound as if they are going well for you. If you want to understand more about the whole process of kundalini awakening, then read through the main lessons on this site starting here. It is a beautiful journey which begins where you are now and moves towards a life lived in ecstasy 24/7.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Awakening44

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2018 :  03:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Christi! I’ll definitely take a look at those lessons.

I’ve heard so much about scary or painful awakenings that I thought it was basically required. But it’s good to hear that it can be peaceful too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000