Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Different types of Kundalini Awakening?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  12:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi friends,

I've posted on here a few times recently and have explained these symptoms I am going through, but I never really got to the heart of the question. I've read so many things about people having spontaneous awakenings. Other times I've read accounts where people experience vague symptoms for many years and nothing really comes out of it. I'm getting the vibe that kundalini awakening rests on a very spectrum. SO I'm wondering what actually sets people apart from experiencing total awakening and being stuck in the symptom stages. If I'm missing the point here please correct me,perhaps my definitions of kundalini is all wrong. Here is what I'm going through.

--On one occasion I was awoken from a dream when violent bolts of electricity went through both my arms.

--Experienced "tail wagging" for months.

--Dreamed of a komodo dragon chasing me

--The next day I became a dragon, I was no longer "Nicole" but an ancient dragon

--Had the word "kundalini" drop in my mind like an omen

--Days later I vented to the Universe and felt liquid heat leak out of my spine.

--Now I feel small hot slithers in my chest, waist, legs, and arms.

I'm confused because I don't know what kind of kundalini awakening this is. I'm wondering if this kundalini will ever expand and go through my spine freely. It is my fear I'm realizing that I"m going to be stuck with these random symptoms for many years. In meditations I still feel spinal shaking. Is this a slow awakening or is it a sort of test? Should I up my practices to get that full blown experience or will this come naturally? Your input on these issues would truly help and I hope this finds you well.

Thank you all, Kind Regards

Nicole

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  12:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Patience is the key, be patient with yourself.
And no, I would not opt to "up your practices",
I would recommend good grounding

my 2cts, Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  1:21:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nic,

No two individuals will have exactly the same experience. All the symptoms you listed, we consider scenery in AYP. As Wolfgang said, if it's causing discomfort, then the advise is to self-pace.

It's not about the symptoms/experiences but how Divinity is brought to this world through this vehicle(the body). Twice daily sitting practices aids this process.

Have you had a chance to go through the lessons? Lessons start here- http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

I came to AYP with an awakening. AYP has a lot of information. Sit back, relax and start reading.

It's a never-ending beautiful journey.

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Mar 07 2017 1:22:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  3:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nic,

Good advice from others above.

quote:
SO I'm wondering what actually sets people apart from experiencing total awakening and being stuck in the symptom stages.

What usually sets people apart is spiritual practices. Those people who practice regularly and over a long time period will come to the end of the process of kundalini. Those who don't, often fall by the wayside. The other difference is caused by whether people are using effective spiritual practices or not. Some are more effective than others.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  3:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all,

I do admit that patience is something I am trying to cultivate in my life through meditation and yoga. Its my greatest challenge as with all of these practices I feel as if I am "sitting in time" rather than flowing with what is.

It's personally devotion that has brought me here as I spend nearly most of the day learning about spirituality. Often I feel like a child that has given up on the idea that I can control any of this. I hope these attributes coupled with twice daily meditation, yoga, and self contemplation will carry me on through. I also am very optimistic about the awakening process because it seems so many are being triggered into these more rapid awakenings causing more ripe frequencies for evolution . Where it may have taken a person 40 years or not even in their own lifetime to reach that state, I feel that we get the opportunity to expand exponentially as long as we follow our hearts and stay devoted to source.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  4:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't worry nic, this journey will cultivate patience and more.

And, yes devotion or bhakti is a key element as you said.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  7:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is no "total awakening". There is, however, a reduction and elimination of friction. That's what Christi means when he says that the kundalini process can come to an end. It's not that the flow of kundalini comes to an end; it's just that the roughness associated with early stages of refinement will come to an end. The more refined we get inside, the less friction there is. But the flow of kundalini is eternal, like stillness.

Incidentally, I'm not as smooth as I would like to be. More smoothness, I say! I wanna be as smooth as the ice on a vast glacier that spans for many miles, and when a polar bear sinks his paws into my icy flesh, well, that's just a welcomed massage to me. That kind of resilience and invulnerability. You dig?
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  9:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha yeah Bodhi Tree I feel that. I"m just trying to combine this shakti with shiva cause I"m burning up lol. Its actually a relief knowing there is no total awakening..thats where true devotion conquers stagnation.

I would say to you Bodhi tree as Alan Watts once said "Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone!" :D

Thank you Sunyata and all the rest, you're all awesome. Because of you all I am totally embracing this site and am using it as one of the foundations for my evolution. I'll keep you updated always and hope to become a helper on here myself!
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  10:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nic

Sounds like your k awakening is proceeding relatively smoothly at the moment, which is worth being enormously thankful for - if that is the case. Slow and easy is what we generally want. However k can be very unpredictable and quickly escalate in intensity, with little or no indication. Most people experience it as being extremely challenging. It's analogous to learning the intricate steps of a complex and very difficult new dance.. Often the process requires cultivation of a great deal more surrender and patience than what we had prior to the awakening.

Echoing Wolfgang and others, my advice would be to research the various and stronger grounding techniques, make a list, and try out a few. Then when the energy ramps up (as it may well do), you'll be prepared and already familiar with some of the ways it can be effectively calmed down and perhaps stabilized. It is generally experienced as a rather hot energy, though very intelligent, and can easily dominate the comfortable daily life to which you've become accustomed. Imo, it is best to respect and coordinate with that intelligence through gently guiding it into a calm, cool, grounded expression. You may find that it's possible to negotiate with the energy.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  1:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Parvti9, I've been looking into grounding techniques and actually have noticed that my body has been trying to ground via higher food intake. Before the awakening that didn't make sense I thought it was an act of some kind of avoidance, but now the puzzles definitely fit!
Go to Top of Page

maverick angel

France
42 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  04:16:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit maverick angel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The presence of the komodo dragon indicates to me strongly that this is a shamanic spiritual awakening. In Bali, a serpent crossed my path and this led me visiting a reptile park. Here was a female komodo dragon, she was shedding her skin. The keeper spontaneously pulled a piece of skin off her and gave it to me. This was was a message from the divine feminine as a dragon telling me to shed my skin. Shortly after this I had a full kundalini awakening. The komodo dragon returned many times since in altered states of consciousness and in dreams. I term this kind of awakening a shamanic kundalini awakening and it is largely outside the experience of yogis. Contact me here if you want to talk:) https://www.facebook.com/corchen.kundalini
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  05:51:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ha you read my mind maverick angel :) I think this may run in my family.
I'll send you a msg on facebook, it may be in the "other" folder if it doesn't show up in your typical inbox.

Edited by - nic on Mar 10 2017 06:43:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

maverick angel

France
42 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  08:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit maverick angel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I'll check:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000